laptops at raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rory_cull, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am going to raleigh soon and i was wandering if anyone knows if you are alowed to have laptops down thier?

2. Why would you even need it?

3. to email people instead of phoning

4. No. You won't have time to use it anyway. There's an IT suite which may or may not allow you to E-mail people if you do get a spare moment.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As correctly stated we aim to keep you busy, so Nintendo DSi's, Wii's, Portable DVD Players, MP3 players & laptops are not encouraged as we would rather people talk to each other & bond as team players.

To be honest the mobile broadband signal in Raleigh is not particularly good anyway- it's about as fast as the old dial-up connections.

6. That's if you get any signal at all!!! Tip... Vodafone and Orange = shit, O2 = good

7. Never had a problem with orange at Raleigh

8. Jesus christ, it's supposed to be basic training. On your kitlist it will say no mp3 players, but you think they allow laptops? People like you give me huge hope of being really successful in the RN. :/

9. Class leader material here!

10. In a slightly more politically incorrect manner,

Basic training.

This is not a holiday camp. You're supposed to be bonding with and helping out your mates in Raleigh, not your mates back home. You will have loads to do, and if you spend your spare time emailing mates in far flung cities then your training will be failing.

11. Wow, you sir, you're an incredible judge of character :wink: .

12. What a silly question.

13. Deary me..... you don't even have time to scratch your bum never mind use a laptop :wink:

14. Do you have time for scratching your balls? This is very important to me I might not join if there isn't time for this.

15. Is there time for a ****, because going 9 weeks without something to shag is going to be pretty hard on a brother.
    Or is this where seamanship and camaraderie - 'I'll scratch your balls you scratch mine', comes into play?

16. When are you joining?

I dont want this to get weird but as long as you dont mind a few callouses and a serious fungul infection I'd be happy to oblige.

17. Actually laughed out loud... it doesn't have to be weird honey, I'm a muscular, virile 21 year old, with medium sized.... no, no, no, this is getting way out of hand already - this Sunday 8O .

18. Theres names for people like you - prick tease.

Best of luck though!

19. LOL sick.
    Cheers.

20. How are you going to fold it kitbook size?