Laptop Theft - the utter brassneck of the MoD

natg

Lantern Swinger
I put my application through from Guernsey and they lost my details too. Are many people changing their passport? I'm not sure if i should or not?

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
natg said:
I put my application through from Guernsey and they lost my details too. Are many people changing their passport? I'm not sure if i should or not?

If it were me I would, and I'd make the MOD foot the bill for it too. Also I'd change my bank account No as well - again charging the MOD for my time, parking and fuel used too!

It does seem rich that you have to give over your details to "discuss it further" as a few of you have said - Whatever has happened to the GUy who lost the laptop? Has he been promoted yet?

-D32-

Midshipman
Like so many of you, i have just got my letter.
It was sent to a house i lived i 5 year ago and i have moved twice since.
The best thing about it is i live in married quarters, at least i am happy knowign someone has details about me that are all wrong.

the_matelot

War Hero
Let,

I'm going to go through the Unit Security Officer where I'm based but I'm on a course until next week so it's going to have to wait until then but I suggest you go through your nearest USO also. I'm also going to investigate legal options as well as I joined up through AFCO Belfast as I'm Southern Irish.

Got my letter yesterday. I was in the MOB for 9 years and left in Nov 07. I just find it amazing that records going back this far were on a laptop and not stored on a central database.

stumpy

War Hero
I am still curious, after several weeks, has anyone who has replied to the mod letter received the actual details of what has been lost? I haven't...has anyone?

stumpy

War Hero
I sent my data to them as soon as it broke, and still do not have my details. Has anyone had the details of what has been lost yet? I am not after the details, but just curious if anyone has been told yet????

hello rum ration, my first post!
i too received the same letter saying how very sorry they are for "losing" all of my personal information, which i must say makes the whole siuation ok...... yeah really
remember all that stuff they tell us about not disclosing to people outside family and friends that we are in the military for personal security, i know why not just give osama my address and phone number instead and while your at it he can use my passport dtails to get here and maybe use my bank account to get himsel some scran and a few beers before he slots me.
and these are the people that we aspire to become...................

stumpy

War Hero
stumpy said:
I sent my data to them as soon as it broke, and still do not have my details. Has anyone had the details of what has been lost yet? I am not after the details, but just curious if anyone has been told yet????

Still curious.

Bump.

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
Re: mod said sorry!

I haven't received my letter yet. I'm beginning to feel left out.

mike007 said:
Des Brown is personally addressing the issue

In that case he can fcuking come and do my job as ITSO. And he can bring that twat with him who allowed his laptop to get nicked in the first place. CNUT. :rambo: