Laptop Password

Waspie

War Hero
Scribes, you can delete the password. I believe it comes under one of the security options in windows settings.
Getting into the realms of how much you value the PC and the content.

If you internet bank then a very secure password is advisable!!!

Taztiff

War Hero
Agreed.
But also, my internet bank has a 10 figure account access code, date of birth input, a memorable word, a 6 figure pass code (3 numbers selected from drop down) and then it sends me a text with a 6 figure alpha numeric code.

That's after I manage to remember the PC log in!

Bank app on my phone on the other hand is just a fingerprint recognition.

Getting into the realms of how much you value the PC and the content.

I do. But my desktop is the only place I access it, and has 3 layers of protection.

I'm also the only person who accesses the desktop.

Its more because I don't want to get locked out of it for some reason, plus I didn't bother for years and when I boot it up it goes straight into the screen.

I might try and delete it if its relatively straightforward...... if it ain't broke don't fix it and all that !!!

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
I upgraded my windows 7 desktop to windows 10 last year, before that I never used a password. During the upgrade it prompted me to input a password and key, so I have, I'd like to undo it though.

As higthepig says, you might have to factory reset it. This sort of problem you have is exactly why I didn't want to do it.
it is fixed!

Latest Threads