Laptop Password

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
I'm using my pc at the moment but I have a laptop which has the same password, I use the four-digit code to access my pc so frequently forget my password now, I've tried to reset my password on the laptop and have got as far as putting in a new password but it keeps saying one or characters are not recognised! Has anybody else had this problem, no matter what password I use it says the same thing! Also, it won't let me use the four-digit number!

Waspie

War Hero
Once sorted methinks you need a P/W wallet. (Or a little black book)

I have feeling this will be an OS reboot to fix.

Thank god for biometrics!!

Pandaplodder

Badgeman
It seems it is a fault with Windows Defender which ironically I don't use, you have to boot in safe mode and as long as you know your password Bob is indeed your uncle! Trying to reset a password on Microsoft is a nightmare!

Waspie

War Hero
It seems it is a fault with Windows Defender which ironically I don't use, you have to boot in safe mode and as long as you know your password Bob is indeed your uncle! Trying to reset a password on Microsoft is a nightmare!
Like I said, get yourself a password wallet, it'll keep your passwords safe.

Thats said, to initially log in you'll still need a memorable password!!!

I bet cryptographers passwords are 'interesting'!!!!

I upgraded my windows 7 desktop to windows 10 last year, before that I never used a password. During the upgrade it prompted me to input a password and key, so I have, I'd like to undo it though.

As higthepig says, you might have to factory reset it. This sort of problem you have is exactly why I didn't want to do it.