Land Rover unveils new Defender

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by slim, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They trying to get a few sales in before the new 4x4 tax forces another British(??) car manufacturer into closure.
  2. Ah yes, Uncle Gord's open display of peevishness. It's quite simple really; find something the Country is good at and earns overseas money from and then tax it to oblivion.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think its now owned by Ford
  4. Rover - Sold To China
    TVR - Sold To Russia
    Land Rover - Yanks
    Rolls Royce - Germans
    Armed Forces - Sold to the lowest possible bidder :wink:
  5. It's not a proper Land Rover, it has a radio and seats :)
  6. One of my previous (small) ships had a Landrover Defender 110 LWB which I used to drive regularly. It had a radio which was crap but you had to turn right up to try to drown out the road, wind and engine noise, heated seats which made my arse go squidgy and made me think I'd shit myself (again!). The seat doesn't go back far enough so I was driving with my knees tucked under the steering wheel, there was only a hand's width between the steering wheel and the side window so absolutely no elbow room, and heating and ventilation that was almost useless. It felt as if I was driving something like an old Ukrainian tractor! For such a big hunk of metal there is no room inside unless you are a size 0 model.

Utter piece of shit. I'd never buy one.
  7. If you are a farmer and use a Landrover, isnt all the maintenance, costs, registration etc. tax deductible?
  8. Such happy days sat in the back of one of those things bouncing all over the show. I am sure that is what caused my PILES say think I can sue??
  9. Nooo, the knees-under-chin phenomenon is what makes a Landy special! The wind whipping around the canvas while you're 'bombing' down the A5 at barely 40mph, passangers straddling both the handbrake and gas cylinder... Ahh! Sweet memories! I hear the new Land Rovers have seats :shock: