Land Rover unveils new Defender

ukdaytona

War Hero
They trying to get a few sales in before the new 4x4 tax forces another British(??) car manufacturer into closure.

Ah yes, Uncle Gord's open display of peevishness. It's quite simple really; find something the Country is good at and earns overseas money from and then tax it to oblivion.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
ukdaytona said:
They trying to get a few sales in before the new 4x4 tax forces another British(??) car manufacturer into closure.
I think its now owned by Ford

ukdaytona

War Hero
janner said:
ukdaytona said:
I think its now owned by Ford
Rover - Sold To China
TVR - Sold To Russia
Land Rover - Yanks
Rolls Royce - Germans
Armed Forces - Sold to the lowest possible bidder :wink:

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
One of my previous (small) ships had a Landrover Defender 110 LWB which I used to drive regularly. It had a radio which was crap but you had to turn right up to try to drown out the road, wind and engine noise, heated seats which made my arse go squidgy and made me think I'd shit myself (again!). The seat doesn't go back far enough so I was driving with my knees tucked under the steering wheel, there was only a hand's width between the steering wheel and the side window so absolutely no elbow room, and heating and ventilation that was almost useless. It felt as if I was driving something like an old Ukrainian tractor! For such a big hunk of metal there is no room inside unless you are a size 0 model.

Utter piece of shit. I'd never buy one.

F169

War Hero
If you are a farmer and use a Landrover, isnt all the maintenance, costs, registration etc. tax deductible?

Such happy days sat in the back of one of those things bouncing all over the show. I am sure that is what caused my PILES say think I can sue??

Nooo, the knees-under-chin phenomenon is what makes a Landy special! The wind whipping around the canvas while you're 'bombing' down the A5 at barely 40mph, passangers straddling both the handbrake and gas cylinder... Ahh! Sweet memories! I hear the new Land Rovers have seats :shock:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Business Secretary statement on Jaguar Land Rover job cuts MoD News 0
soleil Honest John: "Land Rover Announces Affiliation With Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer" The Fleet 8
daffy1 Snatch Land Rover's replacement is revealed by MoD Current Affairs 11
N Land Rover Replacement for Booties and Pongoes "The Pit Bull Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Citroen Site, Capital Interchange Way, Brentford (ref: 3226914 - 10 September 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £30 million boost to help unlock land for new homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Highthorn, Widdrington, Northumberland (ref: 3158266 – 8 September 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Milton Keynes District Council joins HM Land Registry’s Local Land Charges Register MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local land charges searches made simpler and more accessible MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at and adjacent to, Hulton Park, Manchester Road, Over Hulton, Bolton (ref: 3208426 - 30 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land fronting Crich Lane, Between House No. 202 and 204, Belper, Derbyshire (ref: 3204843 - 29 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Land Registry backs innovation and transparency with new data releases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Land Registry to accept electronic signatures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Audlem Road, Stapeley, Nantwich and land off Peter De Stapeleigh Way, Nantwich (refs: 2197532/2197529 - 15 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land west of Knights Hill Village, Grimston Road, South Wootton, Norfolk (ref: 3237042 - 14 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land At Purley Baptist Church, 1 Russell Hill Road, 1-4 Russell Hill Parade, 2-12 Brighton Road, Purley Hall and 1-9 Banstead Road MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
MoD_RSS East Lindsey District Council joins HM Land Registry’s Local Land Charges Register MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at 43/45 and 39/41 Notting Hill Gate and 161-237 (odd), Kensington Church Street, London (ref: 3225884 – 25 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land to the east of Newport Road and to the east and west of Cranfield Road, Woburn Sands (ref: 3169314 - 25 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Farmers invited to shape new Environmental Land Management scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Levitt's Field, Waterbeach Waste Management Park, Ely Road, Cambridgeshire (ref: 3225123 - 15 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Wolborough Barton, Coach Road, Newton Abbot (ref: 3205558 - 3 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Love Lane, Woolwich (ref: 3233519 - 3 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at VIP trading estate and industrial estate, Anchor and Hope Lane, London SE7 7TE (ref: 3233585 – 3 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Hawthorns, Bells Piece, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 9RL (ref: 3211033 – 14 May 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Moor Lane, Woodthorpe, York (ref: 3233973 - 13 May 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Carlisle City Council becomes latest local authority to join central Local Land Charges Register MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land to the east of the A1301, south of the A505 near Hinxton and west of the A1301, north of the A505 near Whittlesford, Hinxton (r MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land bounded by Wandsworth Road, Parry Street, Bondway and Vauxhall Bus Station (ref: 3229531 - 9 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: 97 (and land adjacent to) Barbrook Lane, Tiptree, Colchester (ref: 3223010 - 7 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Station Road, Long Melford, Suffolk (ref: 3214377 - 1 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Hatchfield Farm, Fordham Road, Newmarket, Suffolk (ref: 2222871 - 12 March 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at 10 King Henry’s Road, London, NW3 3RP (ref: 3219239 - 12 March 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 28 February 2020 - Have your say on the Environmental Land Management scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA letter to Tesco on breaches of the Groceries Controlled Land Order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local Land Charges searches for Peterborough City Council are now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First UK night flights land in HMS Queen Elizabeth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local land charges searches for Peterborough City Council are unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Watford Borough Council becomes latest local authority to join Local Land Charges Register MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peterborough City Council joins HM Land Registry’s Local Land Charges Register MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at former car parks, Tesco Store, Conington Road, Lewisham, London (ref: 3205926 - 22 January 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Fiddington, Ashchurch near Tewkesbury (ref: 3210903 - 22 January 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Latest on RPA payments to farmers and land managers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at former Westferry Printworks site, 235 Westferry Road, London (ref: 3225474 - 14 January 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at the Long Shoot, land north of Greendale Road, Nuneaton CV11 6EU (ref: 3217924 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Darnhall, School Lane, Winsford, Cheshire (ref: 2212671 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reassurance to land managers to plant trees now MoD News 0
slim Police will get powers to arrest travellers and seize caravans if they set up illegal campsites on private or public land Current Affairs 17
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Harrow School, 5 High Street, Harrow (ref: 3208434 - 31 October 2019) MoD News 0