Lame to Fame

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, Mar 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A bit like a claim to fame, but a shittier version. Now these can be either your ones or people in the media who got there by the crappiest of means. I'll give you a few examples.

I once snogged Neil Kinnocks daughter at a school disco.

I once asked to borrow a copy of the Metro off Nigel Havers on the Piccadilly line one day.

I had a piss next to Brett Anderson (of Suede fame) at a David Bowie gig.

Now as to famous lames to fame. Here's an example or two;

Jodie Marsh. Does anyone know how she got famous?

Kim Kardashian. Who the fucking hell is she? Seriously. I haven't a clue yet she's everywhere.

No story is too lame. In fact, the lamer, the better.
  2. Comedy actor Terry Scott asked me while I was stood outside a pub in Weymouth if they allowed young children in the bar area.
  3. Blackrat

What month was that? June? *snigger*
    • Like Like x 1
  4. is one hot puppy tonight !!!!!
  5. I played in the same band as Mark King from Level 42 !!!!

Cowes High School CCF Band circa shit gen dit !!
  6. I was almost run down and killed in Streatham High Street by Frank Carson
    who was driving to some comedy gig - completely smashed out of his tree.

He skidded to a halt about a foot from my guts in Roller - the crossing lights
    were green for us pedestrians at the time, so I told the drunken Irish twat what
    I thought of his driving and he then had the nerve to ask for fucking directions!

7. It's the way he tells them !
  8. Blackrat

Great band Level 42. i'm not sure this is a lame to fame though. If you said "I once nicked Mark King's Wagon Wheel" that would have qualified. This one is more a claim to fame.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I once saw Tony Robinson swear at someone for calling him Baldrick at Taunton Dean services.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blackrat

I stood next to Tony Robinson at Denham Village Fair a few years ago. He was eating a hog roast roll and had apple sauce on his chin. I'm 100% positive he let a sneaky one out as well. Either that or he had trodden in dog shit.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  11. Lame to fames?

I have many, here comes le chat noir:

My Mum's cousin is actually good mates with Jodie Marsh, there are pictures of them together on Facebook and everything.

I once gave Prince Phillip a can of lukewarm Boddingtons at a BBQ.

Prince Phillip once offered me some sausages at a BBQ.

I am very distantly related to Ben Elton and also the bloke who directed Marathon Man.

My aunt pissed on Pavarotti's lap when she was a toddler.

My dad drinks in the same pub as the drummer from Culture Club - yep the bloke who used to frequently suck off Boy George - the drummer that is, not my Dad.

I once shared a tube carriage with Kate Middleton, it was when she was first getting knobbed by Prince William, just me and her on the carriage, she smiled at me and I said 'alright'.

I once sat next to Princess Beatrice at a Polo match, she gets a bad rap in the papers and is actually reasonably fit in real life. She smiled at me and I said 'alright'.

I once sat next to Bianca from Eastenders at a charity auction, she smiled at me and I said 'alright'.

I had a piss next to Kevin Bacon on the set of X Men First Class, he didn't smile at me (good thing really, that would be proper gay), but I said 'alright' anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Oh nearly forgot, Geoff Hoon was in the queue in front of me at Burger King on the M6 services once. He ordered a large Whopper meal, negative onions.
  13. I once ran a landrover into Prince Philips leg, whilst the Queen stood watching. I was driving it by remote control at the time. (Full size not a toy or model)
    I once had a very loud "eyes in the boat" shouted at me for looking up princess Alexandra's dress.
    I once slapped Trevor Francis and threw him over a studio couch.
    And I threw up over "roger" from "The beat."
    I had anal sex with,..... oh thats a claim forget that one.
  14. Kim kardashian's dad was a lawyer in the oj simpson case, and she grew up as a hollywood brat. Then her and her family picked up a reality show called keeping up with the kardashians, which was followed by a zillion rubbish endorsements that made her filthy rich. However, i have no idea why the world feels it neccessary for her to be famous so i cant answer that!

Scared to type my lame to fame so i will refrain :p
  15. Fuckin hell I thought her dad was an arms dealer.
    Note to self,...use Google you lazy fucker.
  16. A lame to fame from the future; I can remember when Rachlethree's Labia could still touch together, without the aid of a clothes peg.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Ahhh those were the days! (maybe the future is already here) ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I wish i had used google- i am not sure if there is a name for the condition other then being female; but as much as i hate trashy reality tv and that i often find myself watching it :( so this was information i already knew taking up valuable space in my noggin!
  19. Just my luck, how was I to know you are joining as a Metoc. ^_~
  20. I once sat opposite Michaela Strachan at Bristol airport, she ignored me and just read a book. There again, there were four of us who'd been in the bar for a while so fair do's I suppose.

Lionel Blair pinched a light off me in Beasties in Pompey once, he's 81 now so I might put him on the stiff list.