Ladybird Books

JamesH

Lantern Swinger
Anyone remember the old Ladybird books -

I looked in my old cupboard, I found some other Ladybird books as well.

James

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brings back memories, though when I read Ladybirds (as is birds could be anything other than ladies.... :roll: ) a computer meant a mainframe! :oops:

I'm quite concerned that in the piccy of Malcolm/Barbara that sports car's number plate is clearly visible. Could this lead to identity theft? Did s/he give his/her/its permission for this image to be shown to impressionable future criminals (children - obviously negative Slim's grandsons). o_O ;)

McCloggie

Lantern Swinger
Now that I like!

Its going to do the rounds at work tomorrow (yes, in the offshore game we work weekends when we need to - sorry wrong thread).

McC

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Amused to find this selection of books on Amazon. The titles alone tell a rather dark little story:

That's Enough, Maddie!
Maddie Tries to Be Good
Maddie In Danger
Maddie In Hospital
Maddie's Big Test
Maddie Surfs for Cyber-Pals
Maddie In Goal
Maddie Goes To Paris
Maddie Wants Music
Maddie Needs Her Own Life

Wonder if they're still selling, or the authors are currently tearing their hair out at the unfortunate coincidence? I'm looking forward to their
next effort, "Shannon buys some cigs from Iceland (they're 8p cheaper you know)."

Quality fun at a reasonable price.
I remember reading some time ago a dit about the MOD approaching Ladybird for a series of books to help new Civil Serpents. Ladybird wrote saying that their books were targetted at kids aged 4-10. The MOD confirmed the order....

Good effort James, I had the 'official' version of the Police one and the Army one too.
They didn't have one for the Royal Marines, well cross dressing, naked bars and roll mat fighting are hard to explain to a 10 year old.
NZB

NZ_Bootneck said:
Good effort James, I had the 'official' version of the Police one and the Army one too.
They didn't have one for the Royal Marines, well cross dressing, naked bars and roll mat fighting are hard to explain to a 10 year old.
NZB
You have enough on down yonder explaining to a child that the one you love is also the one you eat. At times life can be so cruel!!

drunken_engineer said:
Quality fun at a reasonable price.
I remember reading some time ago a dit about the MOD approaching Ladybird for a series of books to help new Civil Serpents. Ladybird wrote saying that their books were targetted at kids aged 4-10. The MOD confirmed the order....
This story is not entirely apocryphal! My dad used to work in the civil service just about the time they started issuing laptops (more like paving slabs :lol: ) to senior staff. He was issued one but with no training or instructions of any kind.... But... wait for it... they suggested the computer illiterate staff (like my dad) read the Ladybird book on computers as an introduction! When my sister & I heard about this (we were teenagers at the time) we both laughed. We are talking about the late 1970s here....

Backpacker1uk said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
NZB
You have enough on down yonder explaining to a child that the one you love is also the one you eat. At times life can be so cruel!!

I like the sign welcoming people to Backpackers Mansions. Is that really what Morag looks like??!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Diamond Lil's 2
D Diamond Lil's 1
SS-super-stoker The Corps 17