Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L S G C and BAR

need help any 3 badge men out there got a bar to there lsgc and was serving in the silver jubilee year carnt be many of us a bout as we would or could have silver gold and diamond jubilee medal (when its issued) :-D:-D

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I have the LS & GC and bar and was on Defiance in '77 during the jubilee celebrations but didn't get the medal. Now outside so won't get the next one, oh dear, how sad!

Guzzler

War Hero
Your posts are very confusing as, in another post, you have given the impression that you are no longer serving. In all honesty you don't really come across as someone who has just served 35 years, so I think you may be a mental.

Not you Wrecker...well, come to think of it I suppose some of that fits :-D

I have the LS & GC and bar and was on Defiance in '77 during the jubilee celebrations but didn't get the medal. Now outside so won't get the next one, oh dear, how sad!

BZ to you, and all those entitled to it.

IIRC as soon as the clasp to the LS & GC Medal was intro'd it was immediately siezed upon by Jack as being a 'bar'. This has always made me chuckle.

Don't get me wrong, I concede it's much easier to say 'bar', especially if you have a lithp :wink:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It's the shittiest bit of tin you've ever seen but you get a rosette to go on the ribbon (and yes, it is a clasp, smart arse :-D)

Rumrat

War Hero
I don't get this.
To get the silver medal you would need to be 20 minimum, 15 to join and 5 to qualify.
To get the gold as well you are now 45.
The Diamond would make it 55.
I was under the impression you had to leave at 55. And you would have had to join on your 15th birthday, if you leave on your 55th or else you could not do it.
If I am wrong please tell me how it can be accomplished.
Confused of Crickelwood.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Before my time, but I'm serving with a guy who joined in '73 and my old man was around at the time of the diamond jubilee medal. My understanding is that it was given to a limited number of guys from each mess, often on a name out the hat, and didn't depend on time done.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
IIRC Silver was 2 per ships company and all Commanders and above.
Gold was everyone with 5 years or more service
Diamond probably anyone who hasn't got their notice in or being made redundant so back to the beginning , 2 per ships company and Commanders and above.

tommo

War Hero
Diamond probably anyone who hasn't got their notice in or being made redundant so back to the beginning , 2 per ships company and Commanders and above.

Diamond anyone with at least 5 full years service like the golden

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator

Diamond anyone with at least 5 full years service like the golden

I was taking the piss and attempting a bit of sarcasm, obviously failed. . *note to self..must use emoticons*

Got my bar but too fcuking lazy to put it on the ribbon
Three that count
Falklands 82
Gulf 1
Gulf 2
The rest just added weight on Remembrance Day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Dive Bar - Chatham The Gash Barge 7
F Can't get bank account due to marker. Is this a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Eurocopter EC135T1, corrosion-initiated fracture of a main rotor actuator tie bar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Looking back at 125 years of the Bar Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on rare bronze sculpture by François Girardon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on Liss masterpiece MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Crossed the Bar The Quarterdeck 19
C Inhalers a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on unique 18th century work by Joseph Wright of Derby MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity that ran a bar turns around following statutory inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Export Bar placed on Renaissance casket in a bid to keep it in UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 raises the bar on emissions standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference 2018: David Gauke speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Professional Entry Scheme: Bar Council app to be tested at five new courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Local courts and tribunals help to raise the bar on provision of refreshments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Advocate General for Northern Ireland, Geoffrey Cox QC MP called to the Bar MoD News 0
2_deck_dash Sad news. Stan the Man has crossed the bar. Diamond Lil's 43
I Informing of two crossing the bar Nearest & Dearest 5
N Potential Medical Bar to Entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Origins of the term "crossing the bar"?! The Quarterdeck 21
F Automatic bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Stirlin Bar Convent...York. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 0
W Powder Inhaler bar to entry? Health & Fitness 2
Stirlin The Rum Bar. Diamond Lil's 0
Monty.T Back problem.. A bar from entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Dredd Humourless bar stewards Diamond Lil's 2
scouse Crossing the Bar History 6
janner One night in the bar Miscellaneous 0
Sharkey Woman walks into bar Miscellaneous 0
admiralscruff Is the chat bar back? Site Issues 13
wave_dodger Promotion bar dips not once but twice.... The Quarterdeck 2
fishhead Bar Staff Beware Miscellaneous 4
WreckerL Texas Bar, Lisbon Diamond Lil's 16
S Address Bar Logo Site Issues 0
Rumrat Crossing The Bar Nearest & Dearest 20
G Another bar joke Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Th Bar Miscellaneous 0
Shakey This duck walks into a bar... Blue Jokes 3
sgtpepperband Five Bar Hotel Open In Manchester This Christmas... Diamond Lil's 8
Joint_Force_Harrier Bar Names Diamond Lil's 38
O Bar manager: Gentleman's Club, Mayfair. The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
3yearstilltx Crossing the bar Site Issues 0
soleil BBC: Henry Allingham crosses the bar The Fleet Air Arm 23
soleil Former Royal Marine opens "Scouse" bar in Estepona Travel & The Great Outdoors 5
slim FCAA ALBERT MARTIN R.N. HAS CROSSED THE BAR The Fleet Air Arm 1
Naval_Gazer Marines held after man dies in Portsmouth bar brawl The Corps 71
sgtpepperband The dark art of getting served at the bar Diamond Lil's 7
M Bar to entry ? The Corps 7
5dits Naked Booties in a bar Current Affairs 30
toejam please help ill buy you a mars bar Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26