L/Cpl Joe Glenton locked up.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stirling2, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Joe Glenton locked up.

I hope he has a lovely time and get's bummed by a Fijian Fusilier with a bellend the size of an Easter Island head.

Bet he wishes he'd just PVR'd now eh? That said, in two years he'll be out and all over hello magazine and bringin out a book.

Conchy fuckwad.

2. Re: Joe Glenton locked up.

"The 27-year-old Royal Logistic Corps soldier was already facing a court martial in the New Year charged with desertion after he refused to return to Afghanistan in 2007.

Last month, he spoke out at an anti-war demonstration in London’s Trafalgar Square and said at the time military personnel had told him not to attend. "

You couldn't bloody make it up!! :x

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ironic, Stirling, that on the newspaper link, their is a Google Ad for a "Support the Troops" pin badge - presumably the very troops who actually go out to serve their tour of duty on deployment in frontline operational theatres... :shock:

4. Just a thought, but if proceedings are ongoing is it appropriate to comment on this?

Perhaps some legal or regulating type might advise...

5. sgtpepperband

Doc: Of course; the case itself is sub-judice so should not be commented on, providing posters comply with RR posting rules. I was merely commenting on the irony of the newspaper advert alongside the story itself...

6. Noticed that too - and had initially entered a comment then deleted it just in case...!

7. The good people of York have commented on the article Doc so why not this site ?.

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Why did'nt he just put his notice in when he returned from his first tour. I don't see what he's trying to achieve apart from land himself in a world of sh1t.

9. sgtpepperband

The readers' comments on that site are moderated by the editor of that particular paper, who will amend/delete comments if they breach the publisher's legal position; RR is no different. Because this particular thread is is DLs rather than CAs that does not make it immune from the general posting rules that apply on other threads in RR.

Contrary to the notion of certain posters, neither Rum Ration nor ARRSE are democracies where free speech is sacred. They are the COs’ train sets and they rely on the Moderators to keep them out of the brown and smelly. Those of us still serving prefer our interviews with coffee.

The following is cut and paste on policy on certain news stories involving servicemen made by PartTimePongo. It applies to all forums, not just Current Affairs.

Standing Orders (Forum Moderation)

10. I'm not sure about the claim that he has been gagged.I think he is being helped by stopping him dropping himself into the doodoo any further.Of course he may see things differently.