Konfrontasi - The Indonesian Confrontation

I missed last month's 50th anniversary of the final peace agreement being ratified but, noting the lack of publicity, I don't appear to have been the only one. Perhaps the successful prosecution and ending of this 'small war' will be given some recognition at this year's Remembrance Day services.

Wikipedia said:
On 28 May 1966, at a conference in Bangkok, the Malaysian and Indonesian governments declared the conflict was over. However, it was unclear if Suharto was in full control of Indonesia (rather than Sukarno), and vigilance in Borneo could not be relaxed. With Suharto's co-operation a peace treaty was signed on 11 August and ratified two days later..

Coincidentally...

Wikipedia said:
The Singapore Act 1966 (1966 c. 29) was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that admitted Singapore as a sovereign state into the Commonwealth of Nations with retroactive effect from 9 August 1965, being the date on which Singapore became an sovereign state separate from and independent of Malaysia within the Commonwealth.

As a result of the Act, Singapore became the third former colony of the United Kingdom in Southeast Asia achieving full independence.

Re: Admiral Sir Jeremy Black - obituary ...action known as the Limbang Raid*, when he carried Royal Marine commandos up river to release the district officer and other hostages captured by communist guerrillas. He succeeded despite heavy machine gunfire and afterwards recalled the DO’s wife kissing the deck and crying: “Thank God for the Royal Navy!”...

* THE ASSAULT ON LIMBANG, SARAWAK BY 'L' COMPANY GROUP,
42 COMMANDO ROYAL MARINES ON 12th DECEMBER, 1962.

http://www.arcre.com/archive/brunei/bruneilimbangassault

(A good buddy of mine, Fiskerton greenie ATT, was among those matelots who crewed up the two RM assault craft.)