KNOWN ISSUE - Chatroom and Firefox 2

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a known issue with Firefox 2 and the Chatroom:

Symptom: If you log in to the chatroom having previously logged out then you may not be able to see anyone else in there despite the fact they can see you.

Cure: This can be cured by clearing your private data using the keys [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Del] pressed together and then clearing your cache. Optionally on the menu bar: Tools>Clear Private Data

More details - if anyone is interested!

2. Hig isnt running firefox and is having this problem!

3. I've had a PM from him - there are also a couple of ARRSE users in the same position. Unfortunately I don't have a cure yet!

4. Potential solutions are:

Tools>Internet Options>Clear History
    Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files
    Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies

5. He tried them all but seems to be ok now.

6. no its not OK, i can get in from internet explorer but not from here clearing cookies etc does nothing.

7. Whats your Firewall security settings???

8. Ive had no problem since the chatroom started its only when the CO upgraded it problems on arrse too

9. I'm not sure what you mean by this - please expand?

10. I am on AOL. Since i joined RR and since the chatroom started, i have had no problems at all till last night, as we know i have the problem you explained but i do not have Firefox, but i cannot get into the chatroom as normal from the RR front page.i can however go onto internet explorer and go in from there with no problem.But as i have other things on AOL its not convenient, hope this makes sense.

11. Just confirm the problem is with the link that you click on?

If you click on any of the links on the front page then you end up unable to see any other users in the chatroom?

If on the other hand you start off outside the site and then just put the URL to the chatroom into your browser you can get in ok?

In both cases do you get the log in screen?

12. Oh by the way there is a known solution if you are using IE 6 ..... just upgrade to IE 7 or the far superior browser that is Firefox 2

13. Yes Bad Co spot on.