Know any scaffolders in Plymouth?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by chris1977, Aug 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, looking to reach out to the community to see if anyone knows any scaffolders who do a good forces discount or anyone who has some scaffolding I can hire in Plymouth.

I'm looking to paint the exterior of my house and do a few repairs to guttering and fascias. The cheapest quote I can get from a scaffolding company is upwards of £700 which just isn't in budget at the moment.

Basically I need it for a couple of weeks in September to cover 3 sides of semi-detached townhouse. The front aspect is 3 stories with steps on the side aspect up to a back garden (so I wouldn't really fancy trying to crack it on ladders.)

Grateful for any assistance / advice. Thank you.
  2. Thanks. Really nice guy but says he doesnt cover Plymouth unfortunately.
  3. Thanks, will take a look at those.
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Chris, if you're still serving it may be worth having a chat with the guys who do the scaffolding on ships during FTSP's. I know of a mate who has hired them before.
  5. Tiddlyoggy, dont suppose you know if they have an office in the dockyard or how to get hold of them? Im still serving.
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't think they do. If you can get hold of the ship's husbandry desk in SFM they'll have all the contact details. I think the extension number the WO on the desk is: 52824.
  7. Thanks Tiddlyoggy, will see if I can hold of them week. Im away this week
  8. Just nick some off Ocean, there is plenty on it!