Knee Injury post medical

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
I have developed a knee injury post medical. It happened when I was running down a very steep hill and tried to slow myself down. It generally just aches however can be come very painful if do strenuous exercise on it??

Any suggestions on the impact on my application?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have developed a knee injury post medical. It happened when I was running down a very steep hill and tried to slow myself down. It generally just aches however can be come very painful if do strenuous exercise on it??

Any suggestions on the impact on my application?
You don't need anyone on here to tell you the answer to your question. You already know the answer.

fishhead

War Hero
You need to be on top fitness to pass through Raleigh. If you're carrying an injury it will be shown up very soon. It is better(in my opinion) to put off joining until you know for certain you can complete. No-one will think less of you for being honest.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
As dapperdunn says, I think you already know the answer.

Have a chat with your CA about your options. You could grin and bare it and MAYBE get through a couple of weeks, but is it really worth it to be sent home medically unfit? The large amount of people we have come through from Phase 1 to Phase 2 who hide injuries is truly staggering. Nothing is more important than your health. At the end of the day, it’s still a job.

The Navy will still be there when you are medically fit, setbacks happen in life and will continue to happen in the RN. It is just that, a setback.

I cannot make a decision for you and I don’t know your branch, wait time or circumstances. I suggest an open and honest chat with yourself and your AFCO.

Good luck.

YA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
Thanks all.

Have yet to go to my GP as did not want it to show up on my medical records. Going to see a physiotherapist at my gym.

I don't start until 02 Feb 2020 so may have time to heal within the time frame

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Joining the Royal Navy 2
M Joining the Royal Navy 4
J Health & Fitness 5