Knee Injury advice

Glaze2018

Currently in the application process of joining the Royal Marines however I have been doing some research in regards to the medical however I am unsure on whether my diagnosis for my knee injury is a bar from entry or not?

In 2011 It was stated that I had been diagnosed with 'anterior tibial spine avulsion', and 'full thickness posterior horn meniscus tear' which where both operated on and repaired.

Everything was confirmed as a success and I have made a full recovery however I am just wondering whether anyone has any past knowledge of these injuries and whether it is worth proceeding with the application? I currently have my medical records in regards to this injury at hand with the hope that I would be able to confirm this however I am still unsure.

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
What stage of the application are you at?

The best people to answer your question are the recruitment medical staff. You should have a triage call with an occupational health nurse as part of the recruitment process (prior to the medical) and you can discuss/ask any questions then.

Absolutely continue with your application.

Glaze2018

Just started the application and will be organising a meeting with the local AFCO soon.

Thanks for the information, I will definitely be continuing with the process however did come across the below in the "JOINT SERVICE MANUAL OF MEDICAL FITNESS" which does sound related to my injuries:

"c. Intra-Articular fractures involving the upper and lower limb joints. Early osteoarthritis is the norm. Candidates with a history of these fractures are normally graded P8."

Will make sure I ask about this though. Appreciate your response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ws1602 Knee Injury post medical Health & Fitness 9
M Appeal against knee injury Joining the Royal Navy 4
J Knee injury Health & Fitness 5
Holli knee injury Health & Fitness 5
R Knee crepitus Joining the Royal Navy 20
J Runner's Knee - How to fix ASAP? Health & Fitness 3
JRA Medical Appeal - Knee Crepitus and Acne Treatment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Ibts runners knee Health & Fitness 2
S Some information about a knee injiry Health & Fitness 4
Ezyturn25 Arthroscopic Surgery (Knee) Health & Fitness 9
J New knee Health & Fitness 10
soleil Sun: "I Struggled To Get Down On One Knee – But Sophie’s Worth It" The Corps 0
T-H Possible knee issues. Health & Fitness 3
BillyNoMates Knee No 2 Diamond Lil's 112
dabbzie Iliotibial Band Syndrome (Runners knee) Health & Fitness 6
F Bent knee push ups... Health & Fitness 6
labrum Double knee surgery Health & Fitness 10
N knee supports whislt doing basic training Health & Fitness 2
N can you wear knee supports whilst doing basic training ? Sports and Adventure Training 3
JonnoJonno Runner's Knee and taping Health & Fitness 29
Kaiser Runners Knee Health & Fitness 3
N Knee Problem...a problem? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B knee problems Health & Fitness 9
R Dislocated Knee Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Knee problems with no solutions... Health & Fitness 6
S Knee problems with no help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Gollum Got my PJFT on Monday.....and I've buggered my knee! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
rugger_bob Knee problems, advice Sports and Adventure Training 16
N The "On your knee" Mutiny History 12
Shakey The knee joint during exercise Sports and Adventure Training 5
G Knee Problems The Corps 4
MoD_RSS Protecting UK businesses from injury MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 15/2019: Passenger injury at Ashton-under-Lyne tram stop MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Personal Injury Discount Rate in Scotland – Government Actuary’s report MoD News 0
3 Repetitive Strain Injury - over 2 years Health & Fitness 0
MoD_RSS The ‘Personal Injury Discount Rate’ – the Government Actuary’s advice to the Lord Chancellor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor announces new discount rate for personal injury claims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Passenger injury at Ashton-under-Lyne MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Wearable technology for injury prevention MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Injury claims boss jailed after removing company funds before closure MoD News 0
C PhD project interviewing veterans about life after injury UPO 30
S Injury before Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
H Injury before fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
B In Service ACL Injury Health & Fitness 0
soleil The Sentinel: "WW1: Edgar Ellis, Aged 16, Carried On After Injury During Jutland" History 1
alexissonice PRNC and injury...HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Bristol Post: "Marine Denied Payout Over 'Wrong Injury'" The Corps 4
E ankle injury Health & Fitness 3
BillyNoMates Injury Lawyers 4-U. Does he have a case? The Internet - Best and Worst 4
H Medical - Delay due to injury.. Waiting time affected? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7