Kitting out a man gym.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 2_deck_dash, Jul 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've posted on here previously how I have an intense dislike of the gym. It's full of weird sweaty people in gay clothes and I really can't get my head around why you'd want to go for a bike ride without actually going anywhere.

Having said that, I have a large stable handy which is just ripe for converting into a proper man gym. Being in a stable, you can probably understand that there will not be a drinks cooler, a smoothie bar or MTV in my gym.

My initial thoughts are obviously to fill my old pusser's kit bag up with rags and a bit of sand to make a punchbag to hang from the oak beams. Obviously there will be a pull up bar too. I have the crankshaft from a Rover V8 which I'll clean up and use as a weights bar and a manky old bench that will be perfect for tricep dips and step ups.

Any other thoughts on what I should put in my man gym?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. A projector so you can strengthen your wrist muscles whilst watching stuff. And/or some kettlebells?

3. It's alright mate I already have one:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cans of Snorkers for Bicep curls

• Like Like x 1
  5. Full Coal sacks for power bags, Or potato sacks.

Tractor Tyres

6. Tractor tyres, good call, I've got some of them lying around already.

7. Variable resistance arm exerciser much safer than weights

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pah, everyone knows those Angram pumps are gas assisted.

Gen dit I pull pints in my local two nights a week and we have that exact same set up. ;)

9. ???????????????????????????????

[​IMG]

10. Booties????

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't forget lots of mirrors and oils.

12. It's important to make sure you don't mix up your water bucket with your spit bucket.

13. Then again, there's always Steroids.

[​IMG]

[or ambidextrous masturbation for 25-30 years - same end result...apparently]

14. Who needs a gym? Got enough fences around that need repairing / replacing so the nags don't go walkabout .. cutting and stacking hay and general grassland maintenance to provide enough of a cardio workout with that without turning a perfectly good stable into a gym!

15. Rope?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

16. An old Pusser's 'rugby' shirt, sleeves and collar ripped (NOTE: not cut) off.

Cycling shorts.

Big bad assed boogie box with extra bass.

A tatoo of VICTORY on your left bicep.