Kit Questions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by HighFlyer, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I'm off to Raleigh this weekend, and me being the conscientious guy I am, I'm just going over some bits of my kit, and was looking for some advice.

Hangers - I have me 3 wooden hangers, but for my trouser version, I'm guessing those are the square-ish ones where you feed your trouser through? If not, can someone tell me which?

Marker Pen - I read on here that a white indelible one was also handy, does anyone know where I can get one?

Hand Washing Powder - This one isn't me lol My brother is reading too much into it. I think it's powder to hand wash your uniform with, while he is taking the "hand wash liqued" suggestion as handwash? Can someone please enlighten us?

Thanks alot

2. Get ones with 2 metal clips at the top to hang your trousers from.

3. Please tell me this is a bite :roll:

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

No shit true dit, when I joined up many moons ago, this lad fronted up with hangers from Harrods that his gran had gave him. He never lasted long, homesick & PVR'd.

5. I would answer some of the questions however things have changed since I joined in 90's and my answers probably wouldn't be the right ones lol

We had small lockers I've been informed that is no longer the case.

6. This man cannot really be joining my beloved RN can he? :evil:

I understand the need to clarify complicated instructions and ask questions that we, who have been in slightly longer than a dog watch, may consider to be slightly daft but I find it incredulous that someone doesn't understand what 'hand washing powder' is or 'trouser version' coat hangers are.

With people joining up with this much common sense then I can sleep soundly in my bed at night knowing that the service is safe (can't find an 'ironic' smiley!!)

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A good tip. :lol:

8. If this is your last week in civvy street why are you on here asking bone questions? You should be getting smashed and fcuking every woman that moves within 1 mile radius of yourself. These are things that you will not be doing again for at least 6 weeks. May I also suggest getting an anchor tattoo on your forearm, this will really impress your instructors at Raleigh not to mention the other lads. It will also save you getting one later on.