Kit List

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by HighFlyer, Oct 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Just got an invite to try being on a ship for a couple days and I was wondering if anyone knew what would be on the kitlist, like what will I need to bring with me?

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A change of clothes for each day you're on the ship. (Jacket/Shirt/Tie/or equivalent for Wardroom, smart casual otherwise).

Warm coat, washgear/toiletries, bath towel, flip-flops. All protective clothing is provided by the unit. Recommend cash (no cashpoints) approx a tenner for incidental spends for each day (max) should suffice.

For a definitive list ask the person inviting you.

Enjoy.

3. thanks, will i be wearing like a shirt and tie and stuff every day? And what would you class as smart casual???

Thanks Again

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You'll regret asking that.

You would normally wear the civilian equivalent of the service uniform which is dictated by what the ship is doing operationally, where it is globally & what time of day it is.

If they are all wearing overalls during the day, you will too. If not wearing overalls you may be loaned Fire Resistant shirt & trousers (No4's) or wear smart casual civilian attire (shirt, collar attached, trousers & shoes NOT trainers) If they are wearing "night rig" in the wardroom & you're in the wardroom, then lounge suit(or female equivalent), shirt & tie is appropriate.

Again, best bet is speak to the person inviting you for definitive guidance.

5. ..hope to God Hig doesn't see this!!!!!!! :threaten:

6. :whew: :whew: Same as the lads wore from The Mighty Lusty whilst ashore visiting Istanbull :w00t: :thumright:

7. Before you don a fire resistant shirt you'd better get used to wearing a starched shirt everyday.... yuk! ;)

If you've changed your mind and don't want to go, I'll stand in for you! :thumbup: Scouse can be my sea dad........ :w00t:

8. Throw the question back -

WHAT do you consider smart casual?

(Potential leader of men!!!!!!!!) Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. Hi-ig?

HI-IG? (Whistles loudly)

Where are you Hig?

:D

10. I want to see what he comes up with, personally.

11. To be fair I go on two to four cruises a year where some evenings are black tie affairs and most other evenings require smart casual dress. Time and again MEN are turned away after arriving to dine dressed in shorts and t-shirt, and these are mostly from the older generation. Interestingly the Chicogiz generation seem better educated than their older peers about dress codes! :roll:

13. anyone have a link to the full kit list, what is worn with pics etc.

What is No. 1, 2, 3 etc etc

14. No.1 is the DEATH PENALTY - awarded for Ossefers incorrectly attired.... :dwarf:
    No.13 is the BAD LUCK penalty... being forced to read GordonB's memoirs
    No.69 is, er, er....... :bball:

15. Cheers

16. Anytime.

17. I'm off work from Monday and was thinking of visiting portsmouth. Would this be an advantage for me or just a sight seeking expedition?

If it would then where should i visit? I was hoping to get to Liverpool this Saturday but unfortunately am in work!!!

18. Well go on Sunday and see if you can blag your way onboard :thumright: Try Scouse Scribbler on the Lusty thread :thumright:

19. Cheers for the tip