Kindle

Waspie

War Hero
I'm with you on books, but when you start looking at the costs and the space they take up it makes you wonder if Kindle's not the way to go. I buy a lot of paperbacks from the Works, £5 for three offer. These I then either pass on or take into the local Hospice charity shop (they charge just under the full marked price so make good money), but when I pay £25+ for a good hardback I don't really want to give it away.
As you say cost vs the vast number you can carry and the diversity of reading material all in one small package.
A decent case is a good buy too to protect the screen.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've more or less settled on this one
Kindle Paperwhite 8GB E-Reader 2018

It seems to tick most of the boxes....unless you know differently.
I got this one, seems easy on the eye for reading, I seem to have got a book about someones career in the RN (not sure how but it was free) so I've just got to sort out the ins and out's now.

Thanks for the advice.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Getting to grips with it now, only problem I have is all of the unread books I've bought recently which I need to get through before getting too involved with the Kindle.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I mix and match - real books and Kindle. I have found myself trying to turn the page on a Kindle!

But I do like being able to hold the Kindle in one hand and just press the button to turn the page!

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
I thought there was an odd smell about.....I had it down to all the old men in a small area.:D

Last edited:

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Or wannabes shitting themselves about RT tests/shaving/suitcases/irons/medicals s*

*delete as required or add your own "problems"
Can you smell it through my fragranced nappy ? It was advertised as 100% airtight
:( Anywho I need to start a thread on briefs or y fronts as its been worrying me for some time now ...

Last edited:

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Contributing to the kindle chat .When on the homescreen, pressing ALT+Shift+M simultaneously on a kindle with a keyboard will bring the game mine sweeper up ..... “runs out of tent”

Waspie

War Hero
Contributing to the kindle chat .When on the homescreen, pressing ALT+Shift+M simultaneously on a kindle with a keyboard will bring the game mine sweeper up ..... “runs out of tent”
Saves you getting kicked out of tent!!!!
(PS - didn't know Kindles have/had keyboards!!!!!)