kidney stones

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by sick_chit, Jan 20, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I'm a submariner currently serving on an A Boat based in faslane and have been having issues with kidney stones....several trips back and forth to sickbay have taken place and I'm currently downgraded for this. the doctor said that i may possibly be unfit for submarines as i have a family history of this and it is not the first time i have had issues with kidney stones. Does anyone have any idea if this does indeed usually make you PMU for submarine service or any other advice etc other than they bloody hurt!

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I can vouch for the pain, having had one encounter with the stones. Something akin to giving birth via the eye of your welt.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SC how long you been in boats? At sea dived is not the best place to have an illness,submarine doc.'s are mainly for reactor health not jack health, they probably would not have much to treat you with, as AD said irresponsible by pusser
  4. yes they are pretty painful...i've been on boats for almost 6 years now and am waiting my next appointment with the doc. If it is decided that i am no longer able to go to sea on a boat then what if any are the options then given to me?
  5. Big ships with a doc onboard and spare capacity if you go T.U.?