kiddies shows

being ex forces I've realised we all end up doing many wierd and wonderful jobs. One of the many hats I wear nowadays is that of "event organiser". I put on and run shows and events around the country with two friend who are both ex forces as well (pongos but hey someone had to).

I dont want to say what the events are because I believe this website is for chat and banter not advertising, but if anyone pm's me I'm happy to tell.

I'd like to give serving personel a discount on the entry price to our shows of about 50%. the shows are aimed at the 6 and under age group so it stands to reason most people with kids in that catagory will be in the more junior ranks and could quite well do with the break. But what would be the best way of getting the message across? AND more importantly with dad probably not being overly thunder struck about coming to one of our events and quite possibly being away on ops etc apart from the ron hills and red stilletoes how can mum prove who she is? The serving personel would easily be able to show an I.D card but how could I verify the spouse? any suggestions please.

I've posted this in Diamond lils because I'm expecting some flak.

W.B

wet_blobby said:
AND more importantly with dad probably not being overly thunder struck about coming to one of our events and quite possibly being away on ops etc apart from the ron hills and red stilletoes how can mum prove who she is? The serving personel would easily be able to show an I.D card but how could I verify the spouse? any suggestions please.
Ship's sweatshirt bought from the NAAFI or G-String with the RN logo?? :wink:

Seriously though, bona fide spouses will usually have a families pass to get them into their hubby/wife's base, so that may be a possibility.

Although it won't get them into HMS NELSON! I kid you not!

Cheers TD, when mrs WB was a forces wife she wasn't given anything, I was the one with the ID card I take it things haven't changed to much, haven't heard of a families pass before though.

Most families should have them - they're usually issued by the establishment and allows them to use the Gym, Mess etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Cage Fighting Kiddies. Diamond Lil's 2
AfterSSE Portsmouth punts naval boy-on-boy to innocent kiddies Diamond Lil's 3
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New release shows the value of the Union to the nations of the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK shows pedal power as bike exports rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bird survey shows thriving ecosystem at Coal Authority sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Groceries survey shows supermarket behaviour at a record high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus shows that health and work are inextricably linked MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Video footage shows removal of M5 motorway services bridge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces Covenant Report shows support for military community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK leadership in European space telecommunications set to continue as new report shows benefits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sector risk profile shows increased challenges facing the sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statistical Data Return shows majority of social housing stock owned by large providers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New report shows pilot scheme farmers boost environment outcomes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New report shows further sugar reduction progress by food industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statistical Data Return shows an increase in social housing stock MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New analysis shows one third fall in number of vulnerable people sleeping rough linked to government initiative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investigation into Bournville College shows breach of college’s financial rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report shows how cross-sector collaboration is transforming HM Land Registry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report shows strong progress on diversity in transport apprenticeships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regulator’s Quarterly survey shows continued financial strength MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New report shows businesses how to help West Cumbrians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: APHA exhibition stands at industry shows in 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Animal and Plant Health Agency will be exhibiting at a number of shows this year. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New data shows illegal schools are a huge nationwide problem MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Highways England footage shows dangers of driving too close MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Mismanaged charity shows signs of improvement following regulator's inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Shanghai maths exchange shows power of international partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New report shows mixed progress by food industry to reduce salt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: LLWR Leadership Team shows support for anti-bullying campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New ROI tool shows best ways to prevent cardiovascular disease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary shows commitment to Armed Forces mental health with over... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary shows UK support for the Western Balkans at Summit in Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Partnering with Defence 2016: national employer conference shows growing... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New research shows need for emergency responders to carry blood MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: US Navy Vice Admiral shows commitment to combined carrier strike MoD News 0
Green_and_Blue New evidence shows HMS Victory was afloat in 1933 ***(April Fool)*** Current Affairs 6
soleil Mail: "Enemies Beware: Royal Navy Shows Off Its Latest Radar System" The Fleet 8
Passed-over_Loggie Johnny Depp Shows Off 'Chick's Ring' Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Western M. News: "Exhibition Shows Life On Board New Aircraft Carriers At Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Business Insider: "Incredible Time Lapse Shows How Navy Ships Are Resupplied At Sea" RFA 7
MoD_RSS Announcement: FCO Minister shows continued UK support to Libyan people on trip to reg MoD News 0
soleil Times: Letters To The Editor: "Navy Shows Way" Current Affairs 1
soleil Please Re-Post If Your Post Shows As Blank By Going To Edit Post & Re-Writing It Site Issues 20
soleil Herald: "Navy Reservist Shows Pedal Power" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Western Morning News: "Navy Shows Huge Resilience, Despite Savage Cutbacks" The Fleet 1
NotmeChief Libya TV shows captured Dutch navy helicopter crew Current Affairs 3
soleil Telegraph: "Liam Fox: Libya Crisis Shows Why We're Right On Defence Reform" Current Affairs 13