kiddies shows

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. wet_blobby

    wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

    being ex forces I've realised we all end up doing many wierd and wonderful jobs. One of the many hats I wear nowadays is that of "event organiser". I put on and run shows and events around the country with two friend who are both ex forces as well (pongos but hey someone had to).

    I dont want to say what the events are because I believe this website is for chat and banter not advertising, but if anyone pm's me I'm happy to tell.

    I'd like to give serving personel a discount on the entry price to our shows of about 50%. the shows are aimed at the 6 and under age group so it stands to reason most people with kids in that catagory will be in the more junior ranks and could quite well do with the break. But what would be the best way of getting the message across? AND more importantly with dad probably not being overly thunder struck about coming to one of our events and quite possibly being away on ops etc apart from the ron hills and red stilletoes how can mum prove who she is? The serving personel would easily be able to show an I.D card but how could I verify the spouse? any suggestions please.

    I've posted this in Diamond lils because I'm expecting some flak.

  2. Ship's sweatshirt bought from the NAAFI or G-String with the RN logo?? :wink:

    Seriously though, bona fide spouses will usually have a families pass to get them into their hubby/wife's base, so that may be a possibility.

    Although it won't get them into HMS NELSON! I kid you not!
  3. wet_blobby

    wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

    Cheers TD, when mrs WB was a forces wife she wasn't given anything, I was the one with the ID card I take it things haven't changed to much, haven't heard of a families pass before though.
  4. Most families should have them - they're usually issued by the establishment and allows them to use the Gym, Mess etc.

Share This Page