Keeping up the fitness

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cornish NAAH, May 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Whats everybodys weekly routine for keeping the fitness up to scratch so when the phone call comes you know you will be ready ?

I do a 2 x 5 mile runs a week and some sprints on the footy field and play 6 aside football on a wednesday night. Also go swimming every other week for 1 hour. Was just wondering what other applicants do ?

2. Smoke 10 cigarettes a day and have lots of sex

• Like Like x 2
  3. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

I regularly take part in international level marathon masturbation (individual category), I find that it helps with upper body strength (at least on one side, haven't quite mastered the ambidextrous discipline) and puts a real springs in one's step!

People who know me often comment on what a ****** I am.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Get plenty of pressups, situps, dips and chin ups into your routine to build strength along with your running and swimming. Buy 'fighting fit' and see how you get on with the workouts.

5. Oh and pti's love keeping you in the plank position whilst they touch themselves so add a few core exercises into it aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Took up rock climbing some months ago great all body workout, does core and seriously increases your overall strength and stamina, some of the lads there do pull ups on 2 fingers

7. Monday: Circuit session or five a side match.
    Tuesday: Swim or bike ride.
    Wednesday: Run through a local woods, about four mile or squash match.
    Thursday: Swim or run.
    Friday: Circuit
    Saturday: circuit or run
    Sunday: Swim or rest.

More of a fortnightly routine than a weekly one. Mix it up and keeping it fresh. INIT.

8. 1.5 miler 6 days, swim on Thursday

9. 10 mile bike ride on tuesday, 1.5mile run on friday. Pressups everyday.

Can do attitude. Thats it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Howfen what do you do for your circuits? I want a good one !