Keeping fit on a submarine

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Wee-lad, Mar 13, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am thinking of applying this August for ETME(SM) but i was wondering if you can realistically keep fit on a submarine. Any help will do
  2. There's usually an exercise bike and a rowing machine, plus some weights. There's no dedicated exercise area, they're fitted where there's space.
  3. Thanks, was worried if i made it as a submariner that i wouldn't be able to keep fit whilst deployed
  4. realistically. not really I would suggest
  5. If you look under the submarine section there is a thread on this !
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  6. Working out means you will sweat and require a shower!!

Day one bubble head basics failed ;)
  7. JFH fixed that for you, the poster wanted to stay fit he never asked about showers?

If it is fairly basic keep in shape, a bit of CV on Bike or Rower and static gym CCT, you will be OK, if you are a runner fairly well screwed.

Lucky for me I was a Prop and always avoided running when ever possible, want something big and heavy shifting, not a problem. (well that was then, now, depends on how my back and knees are ?)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I had to give up Cross Country running when I joined boats, my body has never recovered!
  9. Not lack of running to much CSB:D
  10. Thanks for the help guys, i might try a couple years of GS then transfer to boats.
  11. I did 12 years in each enjoyed both for different reasons
    • Like Like x 1