Keep your friends close........

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Aug 19, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bootnecks are complete gentlemen. In the event of shared accommodation, and should there be an inadvertent flash of bra, knickers or stockingtop, they will discreetly avert their eyes and talk about cricket.

If they see a woman, though.........
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Don't be stupid the booties will not want the girls to see them in their underwear they would be embarrassed.
  3. Serious head on....

The first female RM who gets WFT/SNLR will be all over 1SL with some form of discrimination case. We all saw in the Raleigh series how even the male instructors did not enter the female mess deck.

I am sure this all looks great from the desks of the Equal Ops Teams, but, back in the real world.....

And normal service resumed....
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. I'm always a bit wary of a Daily Wail report and I think a big dollop of caution should be exercised before firing up the outrage bus.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Front and centre the first new baby marine in the making?
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Echoing the concerns of fishhead, this is a Daily Mail article, so context will be warped if not absent and the interpretation of the story of journos and readers will be varied.

No-one is a Royal Marine ( and their various nicknames ) until they have successfully completed recruit training and testing. It seems to me that the only Booties in this loop are the DS.
  7. A bit nit-picking? Although the Daily Mail often needs to be taken with a hefty dose of salt, the article does report that Major General Robert Magowan said that once recruits were given their green berets they would be separated and that in operational units, women would be accommodated in separate rooms and with separate ablutions .

But it went on to quote him further:

' In the field, men and women will share bivvies and other accommodation.'

How many DS on operations???:rolleyes:
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Plenty, they're just not called that. On operations they are known as 'Corporal', 'Sergeant', 'Sir' etc. Women - Service and Civilian- have already been on operations with men.

And I sense that self preservation trumps getting one's Nat King.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Better than this sites luck, we can't even get a Onesie picture.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  12. I liked her friends comment "nice rug by the way" which I thought was a polite way of putting it.
  13. As long as there is breath in our piss stained old bodies, this just isn't going to go away!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. by golly.jpeg The RM are gentlemen,and thoroughly decent chaps. (Although smoking isn't encouraged) ;)