Keep Kiwis out

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by The_Jimmy, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Someone's got to teach you how to play rugby....... :wink:

2. good one blobbs

3. Welcome to our world!!!

4. Bit one-sided that article. Doesn't consider the numbers going the other way and settling in NZ, if any.

Entertaining BNP-esque comments below the article though. :)

5. Oz giving the cold shoulder to Kiwis? Times must be hard.
    Hmm, Phar Lap?(Timaru, NZ born Aussie super nag) Crowded House? (Neil Finn, band leader and Kiwi.) Any other Kiwi who jumps the ditch and becomes succesful? Instant Honorary Aussie.
    And worst and most unforgivable of all they steal the Pavlova! Kiwi merangue type desert par excellance.
    Bastards to a man.
    They now get all the Mediteranian types, Italians, Greeks, Lebanese and various Arabs so the True Blue Ozzie Ocker has someone to beat up on at the beach in the summer.

As a Kiwi PM, Robert Muldoon, once said " New Zealanders who emigrate to Australia raise the IQ of both Nations." :lol:

6. Kia Ora

Could be all the lazy kiwi's lounging on the beaches claiming Oz benefit money. Used to be lazy whinging poms. Now it is lazy whinging Kiwis.

7. Having read the article, I can't really see what all the fuss is about, I for one have never heard of New Zealand or Australia, are they somewhere in Surrey?

8. I've heard of this from several sources in Oz who are muttering about the perceived Kiwi invasion! The 'up' side for Brits (up to now) is that it has perhaps made it a bit easier to emigrate into NZ; if, of course, you have the required skills.

9. Where, or what, is Surrey?

10. The county of my birth and therefore deemed hallowed ground :wink:

11. Indeed, some of the finest Polo grounds and public schools in England are in Surrey!

12. Polo..is that the mint with the hole?

13. And public schools - isn't that American-speak for Comprehensives?

14. And in Oz :wink: