Keegan in shock Newcastle return

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jan 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. The blokes a quitter, he left the England job and city.
  3. good choice! he has been there before and knows how to handle the fans etc.....allthough i wouldn't have ruled this guy out though (didier deschamps)

still good luck to keegan!
  4. This will end in tears - I'll give him 6-9 months tops before he bangs out (again) :thumright:
  5. If he brings Shearer alongside, the two of them may make a good tandem, the Geordies certainly love both of em, and the players if they have any respect at all, should be keen to play for either, and everyone remembers Shearers work ethic on the pitch...he'll make sure they don't get soft... :thumright:
  6. I agre, he started the rot when last in charge, scrapping the reserves. Then did a runner when it got tough(England aswell) and has left everyone since to carry the can.

They need to sort out the defence first, not go for 4-3 losses as he did before.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The higher they climg, the further they fall. And KK and AS should remember how NUFC fans treat their fallen heroes... 8O
  8. You pair Les Ferdinand with him and that team will be back on track :)
    Kevin Keegan, no matter what you think about his track record, is a man who has answered the call for a team he loves and who quite rightly love him. You will see some fire in that team again, and that can't be a bad thing.
  9. Don't know how it will work out but he has my vote and I'll once more make the trip down the A1 to see the Toon.I gave up after watching the boring crap from our previous managers, buying foreign crap at huge deals and wages and then not performing at all,the list is endless.
    He made the Toon exciting to watch and I missed it.Now it will be back.
  10. :yawn:
  11. I thought he was dead.
  12. PMSL.....
  13. Having lived up there when he first "came back" I hope it works, as the team that won what was Div 1 was a bit special. I only hope he doesn't tarnish that memory if it all goes tits this time round.
  14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Best of luck to him. Talk about a poisoned chalice though. The Newcastle fans passionate as they are must realise that it's there attitude that puts managers off.
  15. I hope he fails pathetically!
  16. Keegan has just taken his seat, Emre gets sent off and the next minute the Toon go two up! Say what you like but following this lot is never boring!

Howay the lads!!!!
  17. The man is passionate but that could also be his downfall. If he brings AS inline it will give the players a moral boost and he is a good leader. Keagan is very brave to take on NUFC and if he pulls it off the geordies will think he is a legend.
  18. YOU WERE PLAYING STOKE, just like Liverpool getting excited as they beat Luton 5-0

Hello wake up
  19. Has he still got the perm?
  20. I'm awake! I was commenting more on a sequence of events rather than the scoreline although it was encouraging that last night we were able to put away Championship opposition in the style that a Premiership side should. A bit different from the clueless performance in the first tie and altogether a result that says more about fat Sam's departure than Keegan's arrival.