Katsu Curry The latest Foodie Fad!

Jacobus

War Hero
Yes I used to bid for those rather than Changsha, Chengdu etc. All badly polluted. And to Harbin. Strange to find Bavarian architecture in the Far East. Harbin even more surreal. I’m in to my steam trains and the Chinese were still turning out Cold War era monsters until quite recently. A lot of White Russian influence there as well.

slim

War Hero
Loved the years I spent in China.
Best place Kunming though Chengdu was also good.
Dali in the mountains was fantastic and to watch the cormorants fishing on the lack was an eye opener.
Would love to go back and see some of the many friends I made during my times

Jacobus

War Hero
Loved the people. The régime another matter. Fekkers. And they’ve destroyed HK in 3 short years.
You’re right about Kunming though. Land if eternal spring. Lovely food.

Pontius

War Hero
The one night out I do miss after “leaving “ the profession is anywhere in Japan. Yokohama, Narita etc. I’m sure @Pontius will bear me out. Jap food is outstanding.
Especially some of the whackier stuff dispensed from vending machines.
And chitose noodles. Foody heaven.

To say nothing of the eye candy of course

Most of those photos look like Narita's main street......or was that the point :)

Jacobus

War Hero
A cack- handed attempt to post a picture of the Kikuyu, my favourite restaurant in Narita. They still had the embroidered chrysanthemum in the restaurant which if I remember correctly was a sign of the Emperor’s patronage. Pre dating Hirohito.
Thankfully