Kate

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by seafarer1939, May 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As previous, I've being brought up a Republican thru the hardships[as did a lot of RR]in the way we had to get on with it[Brought up in a Forest farm I wouldn't change my boyhood for anything, playing in the forest was terrific} but it turns my beliefs into bit of a change when I see Kate shopping in a supermarket.
    This kind of Monarchy I will be happy to embrace, Charles and his vast army of servants for silly things I cannot,but this type of Monarchy which shows a happy couple in an ordinary way will work for me.
    I watched the Charles and Diane wedding and some how I never got the impression it was real on his part.
    This will be the making of our Monarchy and I am really pleased that my views have somewhat changed[I still believe their are too many free loaders] but this was a great day for Britain made me think again.Good luck to them both.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Who's Diane..? :?

3. Do not worry S/F '39, I echo your post,and know who you mean,10000 + posts in 5 years is proof positive it it was needed,previous poster,needs to get out more,if he's is confused over a vowel.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bore off, Helmet... :yawn:

5. Anyone else see the photos in the Daily Mail of Kate on a shopping run and compare it to Maggie when she got into number 10 and her famous shopping trip?

Nicely managed.

6. seafarer1939, I have a soft spot for the bonnie lass as well.

7. I have a harder one for her sister's derierre !

8. I would expect nothing less from a communicator.

11. Just testing :-D

12. Interesting this. I too have considered myself something of a republican for most of my days, but my recent history studies and the arrival of the fragrant Queen Kate desig have changed these views somewhat and I too wish them all the best.

13. Yep,she would get it!!!!

14. Fink, I was struck by your change of avatar - in light of last week's SNP electoral successes, speculation of a later term referendum on Scottish independence and your previously aired views on the royal family etc - what is your take on an Independent Scotland?

15. I firmly believe in the Union, as things are at present most of the banter apart from the odd loon or two is good humoured tongue in cheek stuff. We have seen the effects of nationalism in other European countries we should know that it is not a wise road to go down. As for the Royals, I can put up with them as they come with the package of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

16. But isn't supporting the UK of GB and NI a form of Nationalism itself? Of which I am happy to support and defend.

17. Yes I suppose it could be looked upon as that. It was the breakup of the former Yugoslavia that came to my mind when this subject was raised, not that I could envisage that happening here but who knows? If it isn’t broke don’t fix it and we do appear to be staggering along fairly well together.

18. Change of meds duly noted, Finks.

19. Schizophrenia?

Or just a tad two faced perhaps?

Maybe it's because there could be a real chance of there actually being a referendum forced through, by the man Salmond, for independence. Bring it on I say, I have had enough of jocks all over the world moaning about the same thing. Scottish oil.. blah blah, the Monarchy.. blah blah, Thatcher.. etc etc cannon fodder (of course :laughing2::laughing2::snorting:)

You'd be surprised how many PJ expats there are. How come they all wanted to leave the land that invented everything?

**** 'em. :pukeright:

20. Excellent, it's good to know that we are getting up your snoring horn.