"K" Class Steam Subs

andym

War Hero
I once years ago read a great book on the K Class steam subs.I have looked for another copy but cant locate it.I cant remember the author i am afraid.Any help greatfuly recieved.

Hiya that book you want is 'The K Boats' the author is Don Everitt

Its fairly old --1963 but it may have been reprinted

Suggest you keep an eye out on ebay for a copy .

hope it helps

Kinky_Pillick

Midshipman
A book entitled, "Few Survived - A History of Submarine Disasters" by Edwyn Gray (1996) is still around in libraries. Quite amazing stories from those that did survive through tremendously stressful adversity - and most of them went on to further submarine careers!! Bleedin' nutters!

KP

scousesubmariner

Lantern Swinger
SUBS!!!!, SUBS!!!!! SUBS ARE WHAT YOU PAY WHEN YOU ARE PART OF A SUNDAY LEAGUE FOOTY TEAM, I THINK YOU MEAN SUBMARINES, BOATS, BLACK PIGS EVEN BUT NOT FCUKING SUBS

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
'The K Boats', Don Everitt, Harrap 1963, repub. Airlife Publishing, 1999

Tip - if anyone ever wants to find a book about the RN, Google for the Portsmouth public library catalogue.

My great uncle served in K16 under Seagee Brodie, said it was a happy boat.

scousesubmariner said:
SUBS!!!!, SUBS!!!!! SUBS ARE WHAT YOU PAY WHEN YOU ARE PART OF A SUNDAY LEAGUE FOOTY TEAM, I THINK YOU MEAN SUBMARINES, BOATS, BLACK PIGS EVEN BUT NOT FCUKING SUBS
Something hit a nerve mate?

Polycell

War Hero
scousesubmariner said:
Muppet!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS £1.57 billion investment to protect Britain’s world-class cultural, arts and heritage institutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 03/2020: Class investigation into human performance in signalling operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World class nuclear skills in spotlight at awards ceremony MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Birmingham pharmacist jailed for trafficking Class C drugs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy hosts 2018-2019 class of Chevening scholars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A UK investment partnership is providing world-class health care in Africa MoD News 0
G Tide Class Refits RFA 9
MoD_RSS ACMD advice: future use and purpose of Temporary Class Drug Orders MoD News 0
janner Collins Class Boats Submariners 1
MoD_RSS Search to find world class team to deliver A303 upgrade near Stonehenge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Thousands of schools to pilot new reception class check-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Class privilege remains entrenched as social mobility stagnates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Man found with Class A drugs in ear has sentence increased MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Name of the third Dreadnought Class SSBN Submariners 7
J River class patrol vessel Joining the Royal Navy 17
MoD_RSS Press release: Improved access to thousands more world class school places MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Oberon Class Manual (Canadian Version) Submariners 9
PedlarP Name of the Second Dreadnought Class SSBN Submariners 25
MoD_RSS Press release: Commission announces Class Inquiry into two connected charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Commission announces Class Inquiry into two connected charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Record numbers learning instruments in class thanks to music hubs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister hails world-class Wales’ role in defence industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Third Tide-Class Tanker Arrives in UK MoD News 0
PedlarP Life aboard a Collins Class submarine Submariners 0
M Rank of Writer 3rd Class (1914-18) History 7
MoD_RSS News story: World Class Innovators at the MOD MoD News 0
D Bay Class Cabin RFA 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces world class innovation panel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister visits a hub for Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier Programme MoD News 0
M REME CLASS 1 VM Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS News story: Fourth Astute class submarine formally named MoD News 0
boatresearchservices KIWI Class Boat ,ex crew ? owners of KIWI class vessels? ex owners? please read . The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS News story: New lights will guide the way for Queen Elizabeth Class carriers MoD News 0
Tui Bird 2400 >> UPHOLDER class >>> VICTORIA class Submariners 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) - Wickford - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Paulajayne Kiwi class crew boat The Fleet 10
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (Articulated Lorry) - Swallowfield - £31,200 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Route Planner / HGV Class 2 Driver - Weybridge - £17,680 + allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob CLASS 1 DRIVERS REQUIRED IN MANCHESTER - £10 to £20 per hour The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class One (C+E) Driver - Germany - £19,236 to £21,068 (OTE £26,564) + Allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 2 Driver - Essex- £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Class 2 HGV Driver - Tottenham - £26,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MG Maniac Chavs ... the reason Business Class was invented! Diamond Lil's 14
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 C+E Driver - Essex - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
clanky Anson 25 Class 1983 Social & Reunions 6
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver Class 2 (C) - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 Driver - Bressingham, Norfolk The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HGV Class II Tipper Drivers - West Sussex - £100 to £120 per day The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HIAB Driver Class 2 - Bristol The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0