Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brazenhussy, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this report on TV last night BH, and was shocked and disgusted at the term of prison sentence that the scum recieved. What they did to this innocent child is unbelievable and they should have been thrown in a pit with the lions!! Can they not see what mental, as well as physical, scars that this child will have for the rest of her life? What a shame. Hope she recovers fully, but i doubt it.
  2. totally agree with you stripey, but at least they got sent down- not just slapped on the wrist!! Their prison officer should loose the keys to their cells!!
  3. I sincerely hope that word gets out in gaol about these freaks and they spend every waking minute cowering in fear of reprisal from other inmates. It amazes me the odds of a couple of sick twats like this being together, I can imagine one person abusing a kid because of some mental defect but the fact that the partner not only didn't stop it but joined in is unbelievable.
    I personaly don't like kids at all, little bloody insects, but it makes me so angry when people do this, if you don't want a kid get rid of it, have it adopted FFS.
    Poor little bastard, what a sick world.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Time to be Devil's Advocate again, I'm afraid - far from defending the couple, we don't know the full facts of the case, and I hardly think that Social Services knowingly put the child in harm's way. They can only act with hard evidence of abuse, and they only responded following the report from the child's grandmother. What about other adults in her life (teachers, neighbours, etc.)?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and yes, lessons should have been learned after the Victoria Climbie case, but the child in this case was probably one of hundreds that the department were dealing with at the time.

Justice has been served and thankfully the child is now safe. I hate to say this but I hope it doesn't happen again. Although I think it probably will... :sad:
  5. That child is NEVER going to get over those scars-even if she is still only wee and has the rest of her life in front of her. Roll on 22 yrs, she will be in her mid 20's and have to deal with the fact that the mentally impaired fcuks are released! Do you think she will be able to handle it any better then? I doubt it. They should be sterilised-both of them! Sorry, but adults abusing adults is one thing, but when it involves children it makes my blood boil!!!
  6. Devil's Advocate or not SgtPb. what you say is true, and from my post -Quote-Can they not see what mental, as well as physical, scars that this child will have for the rest of her life-Unquote, i did not mean the Social Services, or anyone else in authority for that matter, but the scum that did it to her.
    No, i don't know the full facts of the case, only what was reported, and that is why i didn't comment on the authorities that intervened. They have a job to do.
    Thought I'd just clear that up!.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No problem; I understand your point of view. i wasn't suggesting your were a DSS apologist; I was merely 'putting up the flag' before others posted half-thought out ideas and theories! :eek:
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

prison is to good for this pair of sicko scum bags, I hope some of the lags get hold of them and give them there dues, I'd personally put them against a wall and shoot the fcukers.

I hope that poor little girl recovers, what kind of mad sick world do we live in?
  9. Althopugh not mentioned in the Torygraph report I understand the child was disabled (CP) and as such would likely be very difficult to either foster or get adopted (this will still be the case) so returning to the parents was perhaps seen as the best of a poor selection of options as our care system does not do well for disabled children in particular.

Peoples attitudes to the disabled are strange and unpredictable, my daughter has CP and many moons ago a work colleague asked if she would be interested in doing some babysitting so I told him about her condition and surprise surprise never heard any more about it. Her condition is not bad, she works full time, is a sailing school principal in her spare time and currently coomodore of our sailing club, but I fear that without some very god luck this young girl is in for a very hard time. One can only hope the social services now really pull out the stops to get her adopted which is her best hope.
  10. Maxi_77 I agree with your post absolutely! I am feeling just a little sick in my stomach right now knowing she was disabled as well:(
    SOS some loving family to take this wee child in and give her/him all the love and support in the world.
    Does anybody crave good news these days? I know I do!
  11. wet_blobby

I thought she was in the care of foster parents, who didn't want to let the little girl go back to her parents, but had to hand her back to the sickos that did the harm........?

Edited because it didn't make sense first time.
  12. wet_blobby

thanks BH
  13. I get really mad with the people who peddle out the tired old line that these two scumbags did this because they themselves abused as children. My Dad used to kick the living crap out of me especially when he'd been on the whisky. Therefore I should be a drunk who beats up my own kids? My kids are the most precious things in the world who I would willingly die for - doubt if these lowlife had similar feelings...
  14. The Jail sentence should also be backed up by the compulsory sterilisation of these so called parents
  15. wet_blobby

I agree, they should use two jagged bricks for the bloke.
  16. Some bleeding heart will start talking about human rights etc - as far as I am concerned, these two gave up their entitlement to any rights when they did this...
  17. To be rather blunt what is most important right now is finding some decent foster/adoptive parents for the child. As ever the good British public can get far too bound up in punishment and retribution and as a reult forgets the victim.
  18. Listening to radio 4 last night it seems that the child is now back with the foster parents who looked after her before she was returned to her parents.