Just to prove that the Septics really can't fly

The guy on the camera was as impressed as I was.

I fully admit fukc all knowledge of flying and all things flying beyond being cargo however can any of you fly-boys help me out. This accident occurred on a calm sea, excellent visibility and everything hunky-dory. Does this lull the pilot into a false sense of security? Are pilots more alert when say the sea state is more challenging or visibility is poor?

PartTimer

War Hero
Seen this one before, sent to me by an ex-CRAB. As he put it, it was a "failure of the stick-seat interface unit". Apparently the chap leaning out of the port side door didn't make it.

Seadog

War Hero
Not a WAFU but:

Looks like ditched helo may have had snags before and on the approach. Two crash boats already in the water? Perhaps the fast approach and clumsy, short lived landing were pucker factor rather than showing off.

Nasty. I hate helos but I would like to be at the interview, sans coffee with the pilot who was showing off in the second clip assuming he and his more sensible buddy survived.

Pilot: May day, we're going down.
Controller: Can you tell me the nature (of your emergency).?

Why? Will it help?

junglynx

Midshipman
This one's been doing the rounds for a while and (apparently) got the full picture on the sea knight crash from DHFS.

- Nothing wrong with cab

- Too fast and low on approach for no reason

- Crewman only one to get out - 18 marines + front seats didn't

Numnums, from personal experience yes. Just something you have to be aware of until your skids hit the ground.

junglynx said:
This one's been doing the rounds for a while and (apparently) got the full picture on the sea knight crash from DHFS.

- Nothing wrong with cab

- Too fast and low on approach for no reason

- Crewman only one to get out - 18 marines + front seats didn't

Numnums, from personal experience yes. Just something you have to be aware of until your skids hit the ground.

I thought I'd read it was 8 that didn't make it and about a dozen rescued. Hope I'm right.

In wherever I read the previous bit about survivors, the follow on boats were part of an exercise with special ops; either SEALS or their a unit of their Special Boat Squadrons I'd guess.