just signed up again joys of HMS Raleigh awaits

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rich d, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been booked in for the PT on the 28th

not looking forwards to Raleigh again hated that place

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This may be a bifter question, so why join up again then?

3. I did Raleigh twice, once in 79 hated it, then again in 88 when it was a breeze. At least this time you know what to look forward to and will be much better prepared

4. im alot older now (27 i was only 18 last time) and i wish i had never left + Raleigh isnt a reflection on navy life realy is it now

5. indeed so think it will be alot better now i know what im up against, asuming i pass th PT a fitness and get offerd a job that is

6. Blackrat

I wouldn't have a clue to be honest mate.

7. 16 and 25 in my case, and it certainly was not a true reflection on Navy Life, more a place to instill disciplin and sort the chaff out

8. What sort of iron will you take?

• Like Like x 1
  9. what the hell has the link got to do with irons????

10. Irons and irons .....get it :) You do get it ?

11. Make sure you post your entry date when you get it, on the "when are you going to HMS Raleigh" thread so that all of those on here who work at Raleigh can look forward to your arival and welcome you with open arms

12. Blackrat

Stop being so cynical. This man knows the score. Rich can assist newbies with iron selection.

13. But does he know that due to policy changes, he will have to blow the instructor instead of contributing to a pewter mug.

14. Of course, shipbook size to A4 :)

15. what are you going in for?

16. It was still handbook size, but there again, the handbook seemed a little larger in 88 :)

17. marine engineering submariner

18. Thats cos you were kin usless!!!