just posted my aplication from

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisj09, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there fairly new to website and i have jsut a quick question.

as the subject says ive just posted my form but im wondering how long does it take for them to reply etc? :D
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Depends on where you live... :oops:

But good luck, anyway. And welcome to "Rum Ration"! :thumright:
  3. drat ,SPB got in first, hope you posted it to Thingy? he deals with that sort of thing
  4. 4to8 that really is getting quite stale now. Please desist from teasing the smallies.
  5. Hi Chris

I handed my application form in on a Thursday, recieved a reply the following Monday with my date for the RT.
  6. Poor Thingy, how will I break the news of his redundancy. The new Mod did not waste any time in reducing the crew.
  7. Hi Chris, my application process took about 6 months, it's agony to wait for afco's next move I know but just hang in there and goodluck.
  8. Just think though - that's 6 months more fun doing running, swimming, cycling, sit-ups and press ups in preparation for Raleigh! :p
  9. Never trusted the mail. Always handed my paperwork in.
  10. they only took a few days to send me a letter after i posted my aplication form. good luck mate :D
  11. It's been 10 days since my application went off and i'm sweating it a bit now, a bit impatient i know 8O
  12. thanks for the fast reply guys, so now i now it can take from as little as days to months. :rr:
  13. oh and to sgtpepperbands reply, i live in plymouth so it shouldnt take that long then?
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well everyone's got webbed fingers down there, ain't they? So it'll take longer for the postmen to sort out the mail and put it in the gert big saaacks. Then they've got to feed the 'orse that pulls the wagon...

How about going across the Torpoint Ferry and hanging around HMS RALEIGH's main gate and asking the Officer of the Day if they can take you in early, seeing as you're keen and evvryfink...

Or - and here's a long shot - give the AFCO where you applied a ring on Monday morning, and ask for a SITREP (Situation Report)?

8O :D