Just passed the RT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Blackadder, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just popped on to say that I passed the RT today. I've been sifting through the forum for past month taking onboard advice given to others and it's paid off. Thanks for all the advice posted by various people!!

If anyone reading this is due to take their RT, this is what worked for me an hour or 2 a day for 2 weeks leading up to it.

I signed up to the Bond 11 plus website for a month (£5.99) they have a lot of practice questions on non-verbal/verbal and maths sections.
    They also have timed tests, I reduced the time needed to take and practiced away until I was happy with my scores. (The questions are very similar to the type of thing that you get on the RT)
    For mechanical comprehension I used the mechanical sections on several psychometric testing books I got hold of and timed myself on their questions.

I am now awaiting my medical papers then hopefully the medical in Jan or Feb.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. Great advice - good luck with the rest of your application.
  3. Well done...and welcome to the waiting game.