Just passed first stage of selection! Long way to go yet...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JayCam, Sep 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just back from the AFCO where I passed the recruit selection psychometric test with a score allowing me to pursue a career as a Logistics Officer. Next stage is interview then AIB! Wish me luck,

Out of interest all the officer candidates passed and 2/3 of the potential ratings passed. Questions were fairly easy and typical of psychometric tests. I found I had just enough time except on the mechanical comprehension one where I had about 4 minutes left at the end.

2. Re: Just passed first stage of selection! Long way to go yet

Well done buddy.
    Keep up the good work and good luck for the next steps. :thumright:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done JC, you'll be pleased you are in the first batch of potential officers to be tested.

You would probably be surprised how many have failed so far.

The test is the same as that for ratings, for those interested, but the pass criteria is different to ratings.
  4. Cheers guys.

Does this mean its a new thing? The guys at the AFCO seemed a bit confused about it and many people were surprised to be called for the RT thinking that they would do it at the AIB. So at the AIB do I have a further psychometric test which is presumably harder, or does this one replace that one?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Yup it's a newly instigated procedure for newly applying officer candidates. Those already in the system are unaffected.

AIB remains unchanged & further psychometric testing will be undertaken during AIB as before for all officer applicants. It is simply an early guage as to whether a applicant has the realistic ability to undergo officer selection.
  6. Therefore, since I've been in the system for the last few years (though I haven't actually made a formal application just yet, in terms of paperwork, etc) then I won't have to do this? When did this come in, anyway?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Hello PNG,

Assuming if you mean: "been in the system for the last few years" that you have simply filled out an officers' initial enquiry form or supplied basic contact details only by telephone, then you will sit the recruiting test.

If you haven't submitted formal application forms yet, then you will be subject to the recruiting test at the AFCO & this has only come into effect this month.
  8. Best of luck :thumright:
  9. Just before i headed off to Aib i was asked if i would like to take part in an Experiment testing procudere, i am assuming that this is it. I went for my AIB in July.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Just passed first stage of selection! Long way to go yet

There was indeed a trial period whereby those passing AIB & those failing, having sat the RN ratings recruiting test at AIB, gave a representative indication of the required scores for potentially successful candidates.
  11. NEVER volunteer for anything.....

They may have tested all sorts of (paranoia rising!) medication on you. You may be heading for Porton Down shortly , or maybe worse!

Good luck in your selection training!
    If all fails smile like a gibbering idiot and ask for the sweetie jar!