Just one Sea Lord?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by hbombvet, Dec 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Liam Fox is suggesting but one Sea Lord 2011/12
    Not sure what difference this will make--What's your view

2. Will not be able to say "Lordy, Lordy, Lordy" again ( in naval company)

3. I think the best way of presenting this is first sea lord therefore chairman of a company 2nd sea lord is managing director so looks after personell may be we need a third sea lord who looks after the 1st and 2nd sealords to ensure the 3rd sealords job is secure just a thought

4. IIRC the "Fleet" was rebadged "Flotilla" in the 90s. Has it reverted to Fleet again as it sounds as though we have more seaworthy ships than we really have?

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Perhaps the Honourable Member has finally listened to your petitions then, Norman... :roll:

6. I hope I get it.

Fingers crossed, it was my second preferance.

(Miramar ATC logger was my first!)

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In the gutter but looking at the stars, eh, AC..? :wink:

8. Where is this announced?

9. You know, you know.

10. Well Back in 2006 i photographed 57 flag officers in one place , just one would have been easier

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The author is a 'Senior Lecturer' i.e. a nobody civilian with no visible credibility or experience. A useful saving would be to sack him.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well, to be honest, one Time Lord seemed to cope fairly well on a galactic scale & as our fleet staffing numbers reduce with the Topmast/Squad System, post SDSR, reaching parity with that of your average Tardis, it kind of makes sense. Unless you're an Admiral yourself, Bro.