Just made one of these

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Zoidberg, Feb 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't access youtube from work. But if it's that cardboard folding A4 size thingamyjig "Blue Peter" type of useless crap, take it to Raleigh with you just for the fun factor. I'm sure they'll love it. :wav:
  2. It is :lol:

I had some spare time.
  3. This will not cut the mustard I'm afraid. If even one of your buttons is misaligned, or your epaulette isn't quite straight you will not pass your kit musters.

Top tip: Don't forget to hoover your pockets out as they accumulate fluff and crap from the tumble driers.
  4. Hurry Zoidberg you're missing Blue Peter, today they show you how to make a device to catch your dribbling.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It is indeed a marvel to behold, however a bit of A4 card is all that's needed rather than the need to fell another rainforest to achieve the same result.

As Drakey says, it'll certainly amuse, but you are advised to keep your buttocks tightly clenched in case it's not appreciated. :wink:
  6. I was bored so I made it. Killed 10 minutes at least. :)
  7. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when his mum finds out he has cut their sitting room carpet to shreds.
  8. It's ok, I actually did it whilst the cardboard was resting on my legs.
  9. Initiative will serve you well!

That said, think I will save my time making it and just watch how it actually makes the folds and practise.

Fortunaltey I worked in a clothes shop when I was at school all those years ago :lol: so folding clothes is a habit.....Although having watched that Raleigh video I don't think the standard expected can be comprehended until you are there. :wink:
  10. Spot on.
  11. [​IMG]
  12. Dont worry too much about A4 boards as you will be issued with one courtesy of RN/RM Charity, and yes we are finickity about A4 sizing :!: