Just handed in my resignation...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Birdy, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wow, feels so great. 5 more weeks at work then my career as ETME in the Navy begins!

Just needed to express what a good mood Im in! :afro:

2. make sure that you tell teh staff at Raleigh on monday morning that - they will be so happy to share the joy with you

3. Sorry mate but your joy will not last when some hairy a***ed Chief is screaming at you for being out of step, or has that all stoped now? Ah well I remember the days (with a shudder) PO Twist what an utter Ba***rd got me through though. Hope you enjoy it stick it out keep us posted if you can.

4. But there is the funny side,Our new entry squad drill CPOGI was almost due to retire,WW2 veteran.-- Change step at the double was demonstrated, he looked somewhat stressed -- out of breath. "Please Chief, didn't get that,could you show us again PLEASE ?". He duly obliged ,& after that we had a good break while the poor sod recovered.

5. I joined at Ganges, nothing bloody joyful there. Everything was a doddle after that.
    :toilet:

6. Parcel chit arrives. It's a cake from mum. Off you trot to the Regulating Office to collect big eats. Arrive. 'Oh, we ate it. Want to make a complaint son?'

Of course the above is the product of my over rich civvy imagination. NOTHING like that has ever happened in the Andrew :whew:

Have fun. Remember, to paraphrase Bearpit:

Raleigh will be a doddle. Everything after that will be bloody joyless! :twisted: ;) :lol:

PS: Don't forget to take your teddy bear and that special sock.... ;)

7. This is Newbies not DLs!... Poor Newbies; they won't know to what carnal acts you refer... :twisted:

8. Thingy you are a cynic you will have SPB on your case for besmiching Crushers. All my cakes, fags(yes days of smoking allowed you really old buggers), oranges and other pressies from my doting Mum arrived.

Nutty

9. BoxKicker ... Mate, haven't you heard? We're not allowed to scream at them anymore. They have rights you know. We have to gently wake them at about 10am, offer them brunch and the daily papers, put them through a gentle bit of swimming or placid game of footie and then generally give them a meaningful but stressless day before tucking them in with a cup of coca and some marshmallows.

SF

10. WOW!! Your Veteran's Badge is in the post.

11. [quote="Nutty]

Thingy you are a cynic you will have SPB on your case for besmiching Crushers. All my cakes, fags(yes days of smoking allowed you really old buggers), oranges and other pressies from my doting Mum arrived.

Nutty[/quote]

Oranges nutty? they didn't still have scurvy in your day did they?

12. Nutty, they WERE liberal at the G Spot in those days! I used to know a guy who was there in 1925 who got 6 cuts just for being in the Heads when a couple of lads were smoking.... or did you mean the other kind of fags ;) :biggrin: Double entendres........ :lol:

Bless! Good old Mum!

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Tsk, tsk. such cynicism.
    :thumright:

14. Wow, guess everyone was in a pretty Sarcy mood yesterday!?

Cheers for the support Chapper-enoes!

15. Birdy, if you request some fags today they'll send some pink and fluffy types to cuddle you.... ;) In Nutty's day there was no central heating on the messdecks in Winter, so they used to warm up the mess with incandescent cigarettes. :biggrin: ...oh yes, and they will have warded off the hunger fangs too.......... :lol:

16. No, not really; just the normal RN way of thinking; or at least it was when I was in the Andrew. (Oh Gawd! Not another old fart!)