Just had my sift interview...

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Fishy43, Jan 26, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys

Just had my sift interview, it went fairly well I think, I have a few things to work on but I have been told I did well enough to be put forward for the AIB at some point.

If anyone is due to have theirs at any point and has any questions regarding the interview feel free to ask me. I picked up a lot from reading things on here so am happy to pass it on :)

Cheers guys and good luck to anyone else due to have theirs soon :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Well done and good luck for your AIB!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done. There's something fishy going on here.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks guys!

PS, is having too users with similar usernames going to make things orcaward?

• Like Like x 1
  5. How long was your wait from PJFT to SIFT, just out of interest?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It can be as swift as you like.

After passing PJFT, providing the AFCO has all required documentation, in particular, copies of educational qualifications, they will hand your application over to the Officer Careers Liaison Centre (OCLC) and you'll be booked for Sift. There's no reason why you should not contact OCLC direct to arrange an early Sift.

7. Mine was about two months, though my PJFT was just before Christmas so there was obviously a slight delay there. As I'm going for WEO, there's a bit of a shortage at the moment and so I think they tried to get me in for my interview as fast as possible as well, so keep that in mind.

8. I am applying for RFA so did not do a Fitness, assuming PJFT is 'Pre Joining Fitness Test'. My Sift was a couple of months after my Psychometric Test though if that gives you any more info?

9. Hi Fishy 43,

Got my RFA interview coming up on 14th Apr at 14:00 for Comms Rating, so I'd like to take you up on your offer of help. In general terms I'm ok at interview, was in sales for 12 years so I'm good at talking and putting on spin about me, is there anything I need to watch out for and what preparation should I be doing.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  10. Hi "The Old Scopie". I've got my RT for Comms Rating in a couple of weeks but, I'm wondering how your interview went and what you were asked and any other information you might think useful to me? Hope it went well by the way.

• Braindead Braindead x 1
  11. Hi H Nelson,

Yes the interview went ok it lasted an hour with the general sort of interview questions that you always get, tell us about you, give us an example of something you've done well, etc etc. They did ask some specific questions about the RFA so make sure you know the ships, operations and roles performed. They did say that it would be a few weeks before we get letters with or without provisional offers so when is your interview ? The reason I ask is that at a guess they must have seen at least 2 - 3 people on the day I went and I know I was the last one as I saw my interviewer walking through Portsmouth while I was waiting for my train. So we could work out roughly when we would get the letters if you catch my drift.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've actually only got my recruiting test the week after next. Mustn't have got my application in on time for the sift you were on as the letter explained that the next sift might not be for a good while yet after the test (which is a bit of a pain). It does give me plenty of time to prepare anyway if I'm successful with the test. I've bought the test example book and have done really well with that but, it's the time side of it that's against me at present so, I'm going to have to improve on that aspect as I seem to have an annoying habit of reading the question two or three times before answering it!!! Out of interest, do you know what the pass score is?

If I do pass, I'll buy a few books on the RFA and get well clued up for possible interview. Glad your interview seemed to go well and hope you get a letter with some good news soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No idea what the pass score is. You either pass or you don't. In fairness though, the questions are fairly easy, but you do find yourself second guessing the answer. I blame the multi choice. Some of the answers are so similar, its difficult to believe yourself.

Time is the biggest issue. It just slips away from you. Step it up a gear in the first section, and you'll fly through it...Good luck.

14. Hello!
    Firstly congrats on passing your SIFT interview!
    I was mainly hoping for some help on what kind of things you were asked during your interview. Everyone gives such different experiences of the detail they were asked?
    I understand there's knowledge of naval history, ships and current affairs? How much in detail will be asked?
    Any info will be helpful.
    Thanks

15. Hey how did your interview go? Hope it went well.

Any information on what questions they ask at the SIFT interview?
    Do they ask any in depth questions about the RN or RM or mainly questions on the RFA?
    Got my interview on the 1st of July.