Just got my entry date!

#1
Just got my entry date to Raleigh - 22nd November! Finally all those months of work have paid off. Going in as CIS (SM)

Thanks to all for advice - the forums on this site have been a very valuable tool. Special thanks to Super Mario, Ninja and Soleil.
 
#3
Thanks SM - I'm one of the older ones (but not the oldest as I've recently read) at 26 - so my excitment is possibly more than those that havent had much experience with civvy jobs. I realise only too well what an oppurtunity this is for me and have every intention of making the most of it.

"UP SPIRITS??" Now I'm concerned thats a vital piece of jackspeak I am going to need to know - any translators available?!

Dave.
 
#6
NorwayChris said:
Congrats young man,firstly "up spirits " was piped when they (the RN) dished out the rum,and secondly what the ferk is CIS, ?,
Thank you! And thanks for the translation - and a CIS is a Comms and Information Specialist. Which I assume is something similiar to what monty has said - but it made no sense to me!
 
#7
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
NorwayChris said:
Congrats young man,firstly "up spirits " was piped when they (the RN) dished out the rum,and secondly what the ferk is CIS, ?,
He's an RO mate, therefore, a hermer sekshual
Just re read it and just understood it - its almost a priviledge to be insulted by him!
 
#8
DavidK1983 said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
NorwayChris said:
Congrats young man,firstly "up spirits " was piped when they (the RN) dished out the rum,and secondly what the ferk is CIS, ?,
He's an RO mate, therefore, a hermer sekshual
Just re read it and just understood it - its almost a priviledge to be insulted by him!
Cheers,thats one more abbreviation i dont have to worry about :eek:ccasion5:
 
#10
NorwayChris said:
DavidK1983 said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
NorwayChris said:
Congrats young man,firstly "up spirits " was piped when they (the RN) dished out the rum,and secondly what the ferk is CIS, ?,
He's an RO mate, therefore, a hermer sekshual
Just re read it and just understood it - its almost a priviledge to be insulted by him!
Cheers,thats one more abbreviation i dont have to worry about :eek:ccasion5:
Chris its a whole new Navy mate the speak is nothing like it was.

But word in your shell like, keep of the technical stuff it is beyond our understanding (routines duties etc ) and stay with the sh*t slinging in the gashy threads. Now that we do understand. 8O :oops: :lol: :D
 
#11
Rumrat said:
NorwayChris said:
DavidK1983 said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
NorwayChris said:
Congrats young man,firstly "up spirits " was piped when they (the RN) dished out the rum,and secondly what the ferk is CIS, ?,
He's an RO mate, therefore, a hermer sekshual
Just re read it and just understood it - its almost a priviledge to be insulted by him!
Cheers,thats one more abbreviation i dont have to worry about :eek:ccasion5:
Chris its a whole new Navy mate the speak is nothing like it was.

But word in your shell like, keep of the technical stuff it is beyond our understanding (routines duties etc ) and stay with the sh*t slinging in the gashy threads. Now that we do understand. 8O :oops: :lol: :D
Will do,sh+tslingings more fun anyway, :D
 

Similar threads

Top