just Got Back

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by seafarer1939, Oct 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got back!
    The wifey had to have an operation on each hand that needed someone to look after her for a decent while,bathing cooking etc.For some reason she said our Daughters would be better than me moping and moaning so up they came.
    I tossed my golf clubs into the "Leaping Cat" and caught the ferry to Germany/Belgium/France for a months golfing.
    Had a great time,played lots of off the route courses,drank some beer,well lots of wine and beer and celebrated my 72 birthday in a strip club!
    Yes I told the wife! at my age with Prostate problems she's not worried!
    Played the piano in some bars and got on well with the Germans,never had to look for a partner on the courses although I think most wanted to practise their English.
    Got invited to a few homes and tried not to look at any photo's in case they wore an SS uniform!
    Fired up my 2.7 Twin Turbo diesel Jag up too 110 on the Autobahn and there was more to get but my porthole started to twitch a bit!
    In the land of the mighty Mercedes a lot still stopped to look at the Jag and it gave me no problems at all.
    Went into Belgium and a couple of sons came out,they stayed a week and I stayed a while longer.
    Scrubbed going down to France as there seems to be a blitz on UK cars with new regs re.yellow jackets etc in every car[except the French cars]
    Reason I posted is that when I left a lot were asking about where's Rummy?just wondered if he's surfaced yet.
    Forgot the camera but took some with the phone and they have not turned out too well,I'll just have to remember all I can!
    PS The Germans are mighty fed up with the Euro and bailing out the rest of the EU,I don't know how that will end up but they are seriously pissed.
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The Germans, seriously pissed off - you don't know how good that makes me feel! :)

A nice warm glow has entered by body (and no, I have not succumbed to incontinence!)

p.s. welcome back seafarer.
  3. Hope the good lady is on the mend, pleased you had a good hols yourself. Welcome back to a cool bright north
  4. Now that she's on the mend, bring her down to Blyth on November 3rd for the Submariners Service.

Maybe be able to swop a dit or two in the Club afterwards.

5. Thanks OSD,she won't be well enough besides underwater Sailors frighten her!On second thoughts her boyfriend before me was a submariner,if he's local he can woo her again!
    If she can't I'll try and make it if I can and I'll send you a PM to ask if there are any decent B&B there.
    It's a while since I've been to Blyth.
    I expect I'll end up in a Seamans Mission hot bunking on one of your lots re-unions!
    We'll see I hope.