Just curious..

#1
I have passed all my RT back in April 08 and have been told I have a provisional date of July 12th, however I have come home tonight to find a letter from my AFCO asking me to contact them within 14 days as they have tried to call me but the number was unobtainable (not sure why as they have correct number and my phones turned on all day at work) just want to know what the reason for the call may be?

I have recently sent off a 2nd SC form (3 weeks ago) as it has been over a year since my last one and nothing has changed on that so I'm worried now, don't they normally just send the big brown envelope with date conformation or will it be regarding my debrief maybe?

If anyone can shed any light on the matter I'd be most grateful, if not i will just wait until Monday and call myself.
 
#3
Stefan_grainger said:
I have passed all my RT back in April 08 and have been told I have a provisional date of July 12th, however I have come home tonight to find a letter from my AFCO asking me to contact them within 14 days as they have tried to call me but the number was unobtainable (not sure why as they have correct number and my phones turned on all day at work) just want to know what the reason for the call may be?

I have recently sent off a 2nd SC form (3 weeks ago) as it has been over a year since my last one and nothing has changed on that so I'm worried now, don't they normally just send the big brown envelope with date conformation or will it be regarding my debrief maybe?

If anyone can shed any light on the matter I'd be most grateful, if not i will just wait until Monday and call myself.
yes ,having your rectum reamed is still a hazard in the navee. Unfortunately regulations prevent the issue of vaseline so bring your own or make friends withe cooks who will let you have some beef dripping for a small fee
 
#4
haha I have been waiting for this letter of acceptance for nearly a year, so to receive this today with no clue what it's about is wigging at me.

So long as they don't say sorry you've been rejected it's ok
 
#5
Stefan_grainger said:
haha I have been waiting for this letter of acceptance for nearly a year, so to receive this today with no clue what it's about is wigging at me.

So long as they don't say sorry you've been rejected it's ok
If they have been trying to contact you by phone it's hardly likely they will reject your application over the phone.

Just wait till Monday and YOU call THEM. If they have problems contacting your land line then use some CDF and YOU take the initiative.

Yes we have a couple of AFCO peeps on here but they will not have access to your data. And has been said on previous threads this is an UNOFFICIAL navy forum.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
Agree with Waspie, et al, - funnily enough one does not a have a flying, random clue why they would send you such a letter unless you have possibly changed your mobile phone number or not checked you home-phone for recorded messages & returned the courtesey.
 
#8
Ninja_Stoker said:
Agree with Waspie, et al, - funnily enough one does not a have a flying, random clue why they would send you such a letter unless you have possibly changed your mobile phone number or not checked you home-phone for recorded messages & returned the courtesey.
Ninja - Do you know if the debrief information comes with the acceptance letter?
 
#10
Stefan_grainger said:
Over and out
Over - what you say when you have finished a segment of radio broadcast and you are waiting from a response from the other party.

Out - what you say when you have ended communications and do not need or want a response.

Over and Out - Hollywood.
 
#13
Stefan_grainger said:
4to8 said:
Stop answering the cnuts and they might,just might ,fcuk off
How rude :lol:
Rude ??????? Are you doing the Nutters tour this year or has it been banned ? get some tripe and wassand,8-10 pints down ye and then fart,thats rude :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#14
NZ_Bootneck said:
How the feck would anyone here no why your AFCO has written to you?
Obviously patience is not a virtue for you, boneness possibly.
all I want to know is this..

"Do you know if the debrief information comes with the acceptance letter?
"

If the question offends people stop replying. :?
 
#15
Stefan_grainger said:
If the question offends people stop replying. :?
Or you could show a bit of fortitude and wait for the chance to ring the person who sent you the letter and who therefore may have a clue as to why they want you to call them.
Not hard is it?

The fact that even Ninja Stoker can't answer your question should speak volumes to you.
Throbber.
 
#16
NZ_Bootneck said:
Stefan_grainger said:
If the question offends people stop replying. :?
Or you could show a bit of fortitude and wait for the chance to ring the person who sent you the letter and who therefore may have a clue as to why they want you to call them.
Not hard is it?

The fact that even Ninja Stoker can't answer your question should speak volumes to you.
Throbber.
Fair enough, patience is a virtue en all that jazz. :wink:
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#17
Come on lads give the boy a break, its not every day he'll get a Dear John letter, SG if you need TLC over this Moomin's yer man
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sgtpepperband Diamond Lil's 5
kingoftwigs Diamond Lil's 6
kingoftwigs Diamond Lil's 12

Similar threads

Latest Threads