Just Another Medical History Question...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by turbinetechnic, May 3, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, possibly asking a question that has been asked before, however I couldn't find much under the search!

I have a medical next week, with the questionnaire returned and all filled in.

My question is this: at what stage do they conduct the thorough check of the medical history? I don't want to give halfway or running around to the AIB and find that I've forgotten about a wrist sprain or infection or something and to find out then. Does the medical records get fully examined before the medical? Just in case I've forgotten about a something, I'd rather it was brought up and sorted at the medical stage before progressing.

Thanks all!

2. M96 will be with you to answer all your questions

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical questionnaire requires all applicants to disclose all medical conditions listed & advises the applicant to talk to their parents to ensure they have not missed anything. If you have missed something, it's your job to check your medical history or risk discharge.

If further information is required, you will have already signed a consent form for the release of your medical records. Any undisclosed medical condition which becomes apparent in the first 56 days of training will result in medical discharge. Your Med Docs are further scrutinised day two, after joining the service.

In my experience, "forgetting" items in one's medical history is rare in the extreme because it otherwise hangs like a Damocles sword over the entire military career. It can have severe implications with regard compensation, pension, etc., upon discharge, so most people are smart enough not to forget.

Good luck.

4. That was a fast response...thanks!

I'll give it a further look into and run it by my Mum and jog her memory. Whilst there is nothing outstanding and nothing that springs to mind that would disqualify me from service, as I said before, I'd hate to get to BRNC and promptly be turned around back home on something silly that I should have dealt with sooner.

• Like Like x 1