Just a few questions..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Morty, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey, i am seriously thinking about joining the royal navy and would be filling out an application form this week, but i would like to make sure the royal navy is for me. i would be going in as a weapons engineer but there is a bit of a waiting list.

i just have a few little questions

i read that the commanding officer of a submarine does not always pass on messages on to the workers on board a submarine is this the same for ships

what time does the normal working day start on a ship, as submarine is 6 hours on then 6 hours off what is it on a ship

how often is there internet connection on a ship to send email and are you allowed to take a laptop on the ship

how many guys are there to a room usually on a ship

thanks

2. It is sad that the questions you pose are deal-breakers in your quest to join the Royal Navy.

3. i know there only petty questions

4. You don't need to worry, we don't take spastics.

5. thanks

6. Wrong. You are seriously thinking about APPLYING for the navy. Heaven help us. I can't be bothered to answer your questions as I'm still not sure if you are for real or not. If you apply and are not successful there are plenty of windows in the world that need licking.

7. i dont understand were you guys are coming from

8. why is the internet access a deal breaker to joining the navy?

9. Good luck, I hope this helps.

10. Hello morty,

I am also of the opinion that this may be a wind up but i will bite.

I have just bashed a couple of things into the search function and found answers straight away. I didn't put the links here as i thought you could have a look for yourself. Perhaps the other members of the site may be a little kinder if you tried to find the answers and if you can't find what your after try to ask then.

Just a thought.

11. I'll bite:

12. thanks alot!

13. I think what we are all trying to say is that if you want to join the RN then you need to shift your priorities a bit. In the grand scheme of things, internet access isn't that important and the tone of your message comes across as "what can I get out of the RN" rather than the converse.

14. i was just wondering how you keep in contact with home and what to expect when i join the navy

15. thanks

16. so would i be able to take a mobile phone on board and be able to keep in contact with home and have a signal, and there two different replys to how many people there are in a mess (is a mess the bedroom) thanks

17. :?: :?:

18. Yeah don't worry they put a booster on the ship so the workers can all get phone signal. You can text and call but you have to have it on silent or it interferes with the navigation systems.

A mess is indeed a bedroom, it is called a mess because it normally is lol.

That answer about 50 people was clearly outdated, times have moved on and normally it is around 4, except in war as I said. There are a few old ships with more in a room but you can ask not to serve on these if you do well in training.

19. ok thanks for the replies i feel better about joining now thanks guys