Just a bit of help would be great...?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by KillianMS, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    OK well I am will be apply for the Royal Navy as a Marine Engineer in 2013 (CANT WAIT). Would be join this year (2012) but due to some annoying things could not.
    Anyway to the point, I would like some help on things such as....

*- How many lengths must I be able to swim and how much time will I have to swim this.

*-Any important tips about the >>Interview<< as just a bit worried about that..

*-I was wondering, can you be asked to be posted to a ship of your choose as my granddad was posted on HMS Kent as a Chief petty officer there, so would love to be posted there

*- Can anybody tell me if I will have a problem with my eye sight & my Colour vision that is "
    VA II for my eye sight I believe and Colour vision 3"

If anybody can answer these because it would be a great help to me.
    Thanks all ;) .
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. "Peace"?! You do realise we kill people as a profession?

What version of Marine Engineer - there are more than a few threads on joining as a Rating or as an Officer, have a look through those for all your questions.

You can put a request in for KENT, but you'll go where the Navy needs you to. She's a good ship though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Could have been the previous County Class Kent though.....
  4. Well I would be joining as a good old Rating. And yes it was the Previous Kent but would still mean somthing to me to work on it
    I would like to join the Navy as a Engineer Technician Marine engineering..
  5. You never know, with the age chavs are popping out sprogs these days.

His grandpa could be in his 40s.

6. Scrapped in India 98. Do you shave? you may have used her.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nothing criminally annoying, one trusts, it is? View attachment 2317

If all else fails ring my oppos in Bristol AFCO, they're usually quite good at careers stuff: 0117 9260233/9297646
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks

Ha, NO! So far there has been NO crime in my life and I will keep it that way for the rest of my life.
    I have to wait an extra year as I was prescribed with a inhaler 3 years ago, BUT it was Child asma, meaning I grew out of it. I know this as I have already started training for the tests and I have had NO problem at all with anything from my running to my swimming.

Thanks for suggesting my local careers office, but my problem is I'm in a area called Shapwick and I don't have access to a phone to call them.

But if you do know the answers to my questions that would be great.

I just tryed the link you gave me and it did not work so maby a different one ?
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  9. Skype them, u have Internet:-D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ok thats a great help.

Thanks very much.

I did go down to see the navy in town in Bristol last Friday (17th) was a great help and cant wait to join. Best job EVER!
    and more