Just a bit of help would be great...?

Hey,
OK well I am will be apply for the Royal Navy as a Marine Engineer in 2013 (CANT WAIT). Would be join this year (2012) but due to some annoying things could not.
Anyway to the point, I would like some help on things such as....

*- How many lengths must I be able to swim and how much time will I have to swim this.

*-Any important tips about the >>Interview<< as just a bit worried about that..

*-I was wondering, can you be asked to be posted to a ship of your choose as my granddad was posted on HMS Kent as a Chief petty officer there, so would love to be posted there

*- Can anybody tell me if I will have a problem with my eye sight & my Colour vision that is "
VA II for my eye sight I believe and Colour vision 3"

If anybody can answer these because it would be a great help to me.
Thanks all ;) .
PEACE

Last edited:
"Peace"?! You do realise we kill people as a profession?

What version of Marine Engineer - there are more than a few threads on joining as a Rating or as an Officer, have a look through those for all your questions.

You can put a request in for KENT, but you'll go where the Navy needs you to. She's a good ship though.

Well I would be joining as a good old Rating. And yes it was the Previous Kent but would still mean somthing to me to work on it
I would like to join the Navy as a Engineer Technician Marine engineering..
[h=2][/h]

Thanks

Nothing criminally annoying, one trusts, it is? View attachment 2317

If all else fails ring my oppos in Bristol AFCO, they're usually quite good at careers stuff: 0117 9260233/9297646
Ha, NO! So far there has been NO crime in my life and I will keep it that way for the rest of my life.
I have to wait an extra year as I was prescribed with a inhaler 3 years ago, BUT it was Child asma, meaning I grew out of it. I know this as I have already started training for the tests and I have had NO problem at all with anything from my running to my swimming.

Thanks for suggesting my local careers office, but my problem is I'm in a area called Shapwick and I don't have access to a phone to call them.

But if you do know the answers to my questions that would be great.

I just tryed the link you gave me and it did not work so maby a different one ?

Last edited:
Ha, NO! So far there has been NO crime in my life and I will keep it that way for the rest of my life.
I have to wait an extra year as I was prescribed with a inhaler 3 years ago, BUT it was Child asma, meaning I grew out of it. I know this as I have already started training for the tests and I have had NO problem at all with anything from my running to my swimming.

Thanks for suggesting my local careers office, but my problem is I'm in a area called Shapwick and I don't have access to a phone to call them.

But if you do know the answers to my questions that would be great.

I just tryed the link you gave me and it did not work so maby a different one ?
Skype them, u have Internet:-D