Just a bit of help please

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Ben_C, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read through vast amounts of threads and potentially becoming an AET, I have noticed a lot of potential AET's asking the same question I am.

What a/c to go for?

Now I have read and got to grips with all but 1 service which I have heard mentioned a lot.

'Junglie' (Whether this is the correct name or not) it is used in many of these threads.

So my question is, what the heck is 'Junglie'? (excuse my lack of knowledge)

2. Read "Armed Action" which is a true account of the Junglies in the invasion of Iraq.
  3. Ben
    Forget Junglies, the mighty Lynx is the way ahead!! :thumright:
  4. As the Yanks would say "they are used to haul ass and trash"..
  5. I cannot agree with dhoby bucket on has last comment, you will find junglie squadrons working to the limit, in some of the hottest spots at the moment, trashed out airframes, undermanned over worked. If you want some excitement, GO JUNGLIE
  6. I can back up Noggies comments.

If you are happy to spend many months on operations every year for three years front line, living in poor accom (when detached) working your what nots off, constantly banging you head against the wall about the lack of manpower, air stores or harmony time then come on in, the party has only just begun. (TBH Thats the whole FAA)

Na its not that bad, yes you do spend time away on ops in the shit holes of this world, but what did you join up for, life would be boring if we signed up to stay in the UK or wrapped in cotton wool. Sometimes your work can be rewarding, esp when the A/C return after a sucsessful strike op, but as with all the squadrons in the FAA we work and and are very good at the playing hard bit. You will form very close friendships that will last for life, and you will also have the previledge to have every number of uniforms possible to the military man (mind you, none will fit)

Which ever A/C type you choose, and are boned off to by drafty (or what ever he is called today) but you can be garanteed to see many parts of the world, and many happy times
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

They don't have Jungles in Afganistan or Iraq so shouldn't they be called Deserties?
  8. Well said JJ, and you also get free skiing trip to the Arctic in the winter, meet the Lovely Heidi and her sister Helga, and the new ski center opens in november :)
  9. so, we can ask if sub have showers, will all submainers be know as cleanies, no i didnt think so neither, you will always be know as the stinking service
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

JJ as one of the old and bold diesel boat men, no usable showers onboard in my day. Proud of the title and in those days the hair :afro:

11. Now that sounds like me.

I thought joining the forces would be pretty exciting. You know, going away on jaunts with aircraft and ships, now reading that makes it all the more exciting.

Thanks for all of your help,

12. Why? Oh why? Why don't you get a nice wee job? Writer (or whatever the hell they call them now), for example. 6 months at Raleigh, nice wee shore billet for a couple of years, then Blue Card all the way....woo-hoo.

I mean, come on, when was the last time you heard "'ere Scribes, finished with the swarf?" or "'ere Scribes, what sized spannery thing will turn this swuare doo-dah?".

Don't get me wrong, being a writer can be dodgy, just you try doubling someones allotment to Jack Blair accidently, and those fountain pens can make a hell of a mess to a white front.
  13. Tbh I'd rather shove needles into my bollocks than sit at a desk all day writing and filling out pieces of information for other people.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yup me too, he says sitting at his desk.... Hang on a minute.....

Anyone got a needle?
  15. Ah, but we went into the jungle on Op Vela so we still qualify for the title!
  16. :toilet:( harmony time )
    Sorry, whats harmony time when its at home ??? :tp:
  17. Junglies drink moose's milk (so I've been informed)...
  18. I think you mean mouse's OG.

19. You are right Ocean Girl,Junglies drink mooses milk and lots of it, in their winter wonderland, roll on november :)