Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Ratings move into their new home at RNAS Culdrose

MoD_RSS

War Hero
Ministry of Defence said:
Junior Ratings at Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Culdrose have moved into their new cabins – thanks to the latest phase of the Single Living Accommodation Modernisation (SLAM) delivered by Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO).

More...

G

guestm

And the Seniors live in cupboards until march 2012.

Perks of promotion you say?

mikh

MIA
Pedant mode on. Always though it was advancement as a rating MLP. Pedant mode off.

On the plus side, you will be moving into your new accom probably just in time for you to be drafted elsewhere, unless of course you have pissed off drafty, then who knows how long you will be blessed by the company of the Cornish 'females?'. Don't you just love it in the beautiful countryside of Helston Monty, he he he

G

guestm

Pedant mode on. Always though it was advancement as a rating MLP. Pedant mode off.

On the plus side, you will be moving into your new accom probably just in time for you to be drafted elsewhere, unless of course you have pissed off drafty, then who knows how long you will be blessed by the company of the Cornish 'females?'. Don't you just love it in the beautiful countryside of Helston Monty, he he he

Mate, I thought this was my walk in wardrobe when I arrived, turns out it's my actual room. On the upside I don't have to get out of bed for a piss due to the proximity of the sink.

slim

War Hero
Mate, I thought this was my walk in wardrobe when I arrived, turns out it's my actual room. On the upside I don't have to get out of bed for a piss due to the proximity of the sink.

Ah the luxury of having night heads, saves topping up your oppos boots DMS

smeeg

Lantern Swinger
You in Vian then MLP? If you'd just like to look toward swordfish, and think to yourself just how comfy i must be in that shiny new block. Then double it.

G

guestm

You in Vian then MLP? If you'd just like to look toward swordfish, and think to yourself just how comfy i must be in that shiny new block. Then double it.

Vians mega. I am the TV signal spiderman. If you look up at about 1800 every night, there's me in my nicks hanging out my window, home made aerial in hand. Winner. Round yours for uckers and freckles?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
WAFUs living on board? On your pop star wages? Peasants! Live ashore (or fiddle your SSSA like half of VL used to do...) :twisted:

tomleecee

Midshipman
There is no SLAM for JRs at VL anymore. All JRs who were in SLAM have been doubled up into bunkbeds while SRs who were being accomodated ashore have taken the single cabins that were vacated by the aforementioned JRs. As such, the accomodation charge has been lowered for all JRs in SLAM as its pretty cramped in some of those cabins now. It's meant to be a temporary measure that'll be readressed after the redundancies have gone through, but I'll believe that when I see it!

G

guestm

There is no SLAM for JRs at VL anymore. All JRs who were in SLAM have been doubled up into bunkbeds while SRs who were being accomodated ashore have taken the single cabins that were vacated by the aforementioned JRs. As such, the accomodation charge has been lowered for all JRs in SLAM as its pretty cramped in some of those cabins now. It's meant to be a temporary measure that'll be readressed after the redundancies have gone through, but I'll believe that when I see it!

Get in Yeovil block. It's for winners and firmly at the required standard for damn JRs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Unhappy Junior Ratings The Fleet 12
MoD_RSS Attorney General appoints new Junior Treasury Counsel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Three Further Standing Junior Counsel to the Advocate General for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apply to the Attorney General’s London A, B or C Panel of junior counsel MoD News 0
Trainer Junior Rates Mess Images The Quarterdeck 31
Cap-H junior rates mess/RFA RFA 11
Guns Junior Officers and real secondary duties The Fleet 1
DemobJob Junior Surveillance Operative - SE London - £25,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Junior IT Field Support Engineer - Leeds The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Technical Author (Junior) - Bedfordshire - £28,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Junior Hardware Engineer - High Wycombe - £25k to £35k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Z Junior Rates' Leadership UPO/Careers Office 40
soleil Telegraph: "Millions 'Wasted' On Junior Army Recruits, Report Claims" Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Nautical advice to the Junior Service The Gash Barge 4
S Why am I a Junior Member? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
trehorn I'm in the Junior Navy - apparently! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 124
I Junior Leadership Course Portsmouth ! SCC and URNU 1
Jimpy RN ranks junior? The Fleet 57
finknottle Cameron WWII 'junior partner' gaffe The Gash Barge 23
2_deck_dash Another reason to mock and ridicule the junior service Diamond Lil's 14
T Junior Ranks should get £6K pay rise to boost morale - Clegg Current Affairs 35
Naval_Gazer New website - Life in a Blue Suit (as a junior officer) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
T Junior Rates to Join Ferret? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
N Junior Training Establishments History 60
CiviPilot At the end of INT for Ratings, Looking to become an officer via AOP? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
S Officer selection for ratings after initial training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J I want to buy a ratings beret & badge in London Miscellaneous 19
PotentialCT Officer, ratings & all things marriage Joining the Royal Navy 2
Microbe UK Residency for Officers and Ratings RFA 2
Hooly What do serving ratings think about 22 year REME (Army) joining on a direct scheme as PO's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 148
J Ratings pay structure Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
dsgrnmcm Hardcore Guzz Ratings Only! The Gash Barge 5
The old scopie Changes to RFA recruitment for new ratings RFA 57
Joint_Force_Harrier RN Pilots (Ratings) The Fleet Air Arm 21
J New Ratings Starting April 20th 2014. RFA 13
Magikmonkey Pay scale for ratings in the RFA RFA 10
J Naval Ratings History 6
FAAQuigley The Pre Royal Navy Course (ratings) a review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 133
G Ratings - how long until they recruit again? RFA 1
S Why Officers rather than Ratings? The Fleet Air Arm 43
R Anyone joined ratings with a degree? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Seaweed WW2 - 'Hostilities Only' ratings History 0
SILVER_FOX Rn officers and ratings training - joint or separate? The Quarterdeck 36
S cis ratings on hold Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Seaweed World War II. Fleet Air Arm Supply Ratings The Fleet Air Arm 0
LeTache88 New Ratings New Ships Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
D Ratings Preparation Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Ratings Preparation Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Murph Ratings Preparation Course - 25th Jan Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
2_deck_dash Snagged up ratings Diamond Lil's 15