Junior Rates to Join Ferret?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Tall_bloke, Oct 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Howdy.
    I was chatting to someone last week who mentioned that ratings are now able to join / transfer to the Intelligence branch. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Also, what do they want junior rates to do? I'm quite interested, but not if we're just there to make the tea and act as general gophers for the higher "more important" echelons! :afro:

2. Apparently the RN is to implement its own int side of life though I don't have any details. Currently there are no JRs at Ferret, but when I get back to work on Wednesday I'll ask their XO what the score is in that regard.

3. Triffick. Thanks Matey

4. I attended a brief on one aspect of Ferret which did identify opportunities for JRs and SRs, that was a few months ago. The other side still doesn't have a requirements.

With respect to any other opportunities, I'd suggest that's hearsay for the moment.

5. Can we watch our opsec on this, we don't want to upset the rodents on this one. Cheers

:)

6. Tall Bloke

Ferret are recruiting JRs and you won't be a tea-wetter. PM me for further details.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Coffee NATO then... :wink:

8. I had a note at the bottom of October payslip which may have referred to this. It said to phone a number which was unobtainable!!

9. With Uncle Jimbo's SPECIAL flavouring. :pukel:

10. Your right, it didn't look right. Someone in the office and rang it and no joy - as you rightly say, JPA on the ball as always!

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The number is so secret, only the squirrels know it... 8O

12. :thumright:

13. Tall Bloke

Ferret are recruiting JRs and you won't be a tea-wetter. PM me for further details.

Hullo Jimmy
    Been having problems trying to PM you. Are you able to PM me your contact details and I'll drop you an e-mail.
    Tall Bloke

14. There is one digit missing from the end which is 6.

It's not for Ferret however.

15. Jimmy,

Just sent you a PM as I'm interested too..

16. Tall Bloke.
    How official is this ?
    Last I saw was a DRAFT proposal for SR & JR from MTO to join Op Int.

17. McHammock.
    Was chatting to an officer chum yesterday and he tells me it's deadly serious! Drop me a PM and I'll send you some contact details.
    TB