Junior Rates Mess Images

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've been asked by a colleague who is in the process of sprucing up a JRs Mess, if I know of any images of JRs mess life from the past, that could be blown up and turned into some wallboards / Posters in the cause of Ethos, Esprit De Corps and all that sort of thing.

So, of course I've come to the home of experience and Mess Life. Come on RR people, has anyone got anything that shows the social side of JR life, that could be made into a poster? Grateful for anything that you have.

Trainer

I've been asked by a colleague who is in the process of sprucing up a JRs Mess, if I know of any images of JRs mess life from the past, that could be blown up and turned into some wallboards / Posters in the cause of Ethos, Esprit De Corps and all that sort of thing.

So, of course I've come to the home of experience and Mess Life. Come on RR people, has anyone got anything that shows the social side of JR life, that could be made into a poster? Grateful for anything that you have.

Trainer
We unexpectedly went to anchor last night, with a full beer fridge.

Someone wrote on the fridge "Living the dream, serving the queen on a sleek grey war machine"

Does something like this float your boat? :D

...We've also currently got no carpet.

Its all a bit blurry but the carpet was most definitely present when they piped SSDs at about 1300!

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No - open minded as to date. I spose the acid test is whether the image can be blown up onto about a 6 foot piece of board... :)

Surprised that denizen of clean and ultra-tidy, HMS Ganges hasn't been mentioned. Bit long but some from Ganges. Now when oi wuz in the navy... :cool:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz...i131k1j0i46k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.0.qpzSNHt7m38
Here's a photo of East Camp HMS Pembroke (not mine) the S+S training establishment accommodation. Still the same when I was there in 1981. Note that the beds are still the same as the ones in the Ganges accommodation. Also note the pussers counterpane that has been mentioned in another thread on here.
east.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cap-H RFA 11
Z UPO/Careers Office 40
T Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16