Junior Rates Mess Images

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've been asked by a colleague who is in the process of sprucing up a JRs Mess, if I know of any images of JRs mess life from the past, that could be blown up and turned into some wallboards / Posters in the cause of Ethos, Esprit De Corps and all that sort of thing.

So, of course I've come to the home of experience and Mess Life. Come on RR people, has anyone got anything that shows the social side of JR life, that could be made into a poster? Grateful for anything that you have.

Trainer

Paxman_Valenta

Lantern Swinger
I've been asked by a colleague who is in the process of sprucing up a JRs Mess, if I know of any images of JRs mess life from the past, that could be blown up and turned into some wallboards / Posters in the cause of Ethos, Esprit De Corps and all that sort of thing.

So, of course I've come to the home of experience and Mess Life. Come on RR people, has anyone got anything that shows the social side of JR life, that could be made into a poster? Grateful for anything that you have.

Trainer
We unexpectedly went to anchor last night, with a full beer fridge.

Someone wrote on the fridge "Living the dream, serving the queen on a sleek grey war machine"

Does something like this float your boat? :D

...We've also currently got no carpet.

Its all a bit blurry but the carpet was most definitely present when they piped SSDs at about 1300!

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No - open minded as to date. I spose the acid test is whether the image can be blown up onto about a 6 foot piece of board... :)

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Surprised that denizen of clean and ultra-tidy, HMS Ganges hasn't been mentioned. Bit long but some from Ganges. Now when oi wuz in the navy... :cool:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz...i131k1j0i46k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.0.qpzSNHt7m38
Here's a photo of East Camp HMS Pembroke (not mine) the S+S training establishment accommodation. Still the same when I was there in 1981. Note that the beds are still the same as the ones in the Ganges accommodation. Also note the pussers counterpane that has been mentioned in another thread on here.
east.jpg

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Here's a photo of East Camp HMS Pembroke (not mine) the S+S training establishment accommodation. Still the same when I was there in 1981. Note that the beds are still the same as the ones in the Ganges accommodation. Also note the pussers counterpane that has been mentioned in another thread on here.
View attachment 27902
Being a mega saddo, I've still got my pussers money belt :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cap-H junior rates mess/RFA RFA 11
Z Junior Rates' Leadership UPO/Careers Office 40
T Junior Rates to Join Ferret? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
MoD_RSS Attorney General appoints new Junior Treasury Counsel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Three Further Standing Junior Counsel to the Advocate General for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apply to the Attorney General’s London A, B or C Panel of junior counsel MoD News 0
Guns Junior Officers and real secondary duties The Fleet 1
DemobJob Junior Surveillance Operative - SE London - £25,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Junior IT Field Support Engineer - Leeds The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Technical Author (Junior) - Bedfordshire - £28,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Junior Hardware Engineer - High Wycombe - £25k to £35k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Telegraph: "Millions 'Wasted' On Junior Army Recruits, Report Claims" Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Nautical advice to the Junior Service The Gash Barge 4
S Why am I a Junior Member? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
trehorn I'm in the Junior Navy - apparently! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 124
I Junior Leadership Course Portsmouth ! SCC and URNU 1
MoD_RSS Junior Ratings move into their new home at RNAS Culdrose Current Affairs 12
Jimpy RN ranks junior? The Fleet 57
finknottle Cameron WWII 'junior partner' gaffe The Gash Barge 23
2_deck_dash Another reason to mock and ridicule the junior service Diamond Lil's 14
T Junior Ranks should get £6K pay rise to boost morale - Clegg Current Affairs 35
Naval_Gazer New website - Life in a Blue Suit (as a junior officer) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
N Unhappy Junior Ratings The Fleet 12
N Junior Training Establishments History 60
MoD_RSS Surge in smokers trying to quit see increased success rates in 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Restrictions for more areas in north west, West Yorkshire and midlands to tackle rising infection rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures introduced in parts of the North East to tackle rising infection rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Interest Rates and Repayment Threshold Announcement MoD News 0
K AFPS 75 - preserved pension rates Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS Government publishes changes to growth rates and R value MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS-funded nursing care rates for 2019 to 2021 MoD News 0
1 RNR Bounty (CofE) Rates for Project Firefly? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
MoD_RSS Government publishes coronavirus (COVID-19) R value and growth rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business rates revaluation postponed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business to receive almost £10 billion in rates relief MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High street benefits from £22 billion grants and business rates package MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change to Plan 1 Interest Rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Covid-19: Estate agents, lettings agencies and bingo halls to pay no business rates this coming financial year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England cuts base rate following second emergency meeting MoD News 0
A OR2 full career pension rates 1998 Finance & Pensions 8
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England reduces rate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Happy hour for pubs as government cuts business rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces business rates and council tax relief following severe flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RPA confirms BPS 2019 entitlement values and greening rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fastest drop in smoking rates in over a decade as Stoptober launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Electric taxis exempt from higher tax rates as UK moves towards net zero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Businesses to pay rates bills that better reflect current property values MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Secretary of State announces new rates for determining profit in regulated defence contracts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Education Secretary warns universities over dropout rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: War disablement pension rates 2019 MoD News 0