Junglie circuit

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by davemac32, Jul 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, I am currently nearing the end of my phase 2a at Sultan and have been drafted to Junglie Sea Kings at Yeovilton. Can anyone give me a bit of insight to life on the Junglie circuit,how long do we spend away,what places do we get to visit and above all is it enjoyable

thanks in advance

2. Out of interest, what was your 1st choice for drafts?

3. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Just watch the news and you may get an idea of at least one place you might visit.

4. My first choice was Lynx but I'm happy with my draft, I had the chance to swap with a guy who got Lynx but turned it down. I realize there is a good chance I will be going to Afghanistan but just wondered what are some of the other places I may visit

5. Buzzin'. Only 2 of my class want Sea Kings so it's looking like I may get it :lol:

6. Two people in my class got Sea King Mk4 as none preferences so I would say you have a good chance of getting it but nothing's certain.

7. Dunno if you know him but the Welsh lad who's been there a year also got mk4s. A while until I get my draft anyway :cry:

8. :lol: :lol: First draft, out of Nozzers, training was always your last preference , many moons ago. But then again, so many choices. Hms Fulmar, Hms Seahawk, Hms Heron, Hms Goldcrest, Hms Osprey, Hms Daedalus, Hms Gannet. have i missed any???

9. As with any of our aircraft you get out of it what you put in, if you don't mind digging out and getting your hands dirty you'll fit in perfectly with us Junglies.

10. :roll: Rotary is not as chummy as fixed wing Squadrons though!! imho (i served on both)

11. Mmm, we've heard stories about you, ahem, "chummy" fixed wing boys! 8O :lol: