June 30th....................................

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brazenhussy, May 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you sure?? I thought this was the date when pigs fly backwards with ear-muffs on?? Must have got it wrong.... 8O
    Anyway I thought Sky said today that Gordon-chops was going to become the new Scottish PM?...Sorry Pols... :twisted:

2. And ? , he is still in the same context as that other lying ********, not much change really, apart from he hasn't got a plastic smile .

3. Splendid news, when he announces the date for the commencement of troop withdrawal from Iraq I may renew my party membership.

I really don’t understand the English there we are allowing you to have our fiscal genius as your Premier and you are still whinging and griping. :)

4. gawd help us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D 8O

5. Well BH there is no one else, Cameron and his Etonian rabble are nothing but bandwagon jockeys.

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

If a "fiscal genius" is someone who takes a strong economy, increases the tax take and then spends the additional tax (plus some more) on employing bureaucrats to develop a set of meaningless measures on which to base performance. These "performance" measures have no correlation with reality but rapidly become the basis on which "success" is measured and on which funding is dependent - where targets are missed punitive actions are taken involving the employment of additional bureaucrats to watch ever more closely (paid for from the budget of the victim) coupled with reductions in budgets for the victim. The end result is an ever burgeoning bureacracy to monitor and control increasingly cash-starved institutions within our society who are failing to achieve the levels of service delivery previously judged unacceptable.

If however, by "fiscal genius" you mean someone who can turn sh*te into gold (rather than Broon's ability to turn gold into sh*te), then I don't think any members of the current Guvmint qualify!